Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination
02-06-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 02:57 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination
I agree with Joe and Mike. I also think that this forum is playing with my head!

Yesterday, when Roger posted that we should read Robert Mills's account, I immediately thought of a former Surratt Society member from about thirty years ago who did extensive writing and arguing about the Matthews issue. I realized that this man, Tom Shaffer, had dropped off the grid years back. In fact, it took me hours to remember his last name.

Lo and behold, about 9 am this morning, I received a phone call from Tom Shaffer - whom I had not heard from in about twenty years. He was not calling about Mathews and the letter, however, so I can't blame it all on mental telepathy...

There are a series of articles/arguments between Mr. Shaffer and others that date to the 1990s' Surratt Couriers. These have been published in the second installment of our series of books on assassination articles from the Couriers over the years (1977-2000). If you own the three-volume set, it is Volume 1 of the two volumes with red covers.

P.S. Tom (at that time) did not think that Mathews was telling the truth. I also invited him to join this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - L Verge - 02-06-2014 12:36 PM
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - Hess1865 - 10-25-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - Hess1865 - 11-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Congrats again - Matt Macoubrie - 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination - Rhatkinson - 10-08-2014, 03:38 PM