Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial
10-16-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial
(10-16-2013 06:14 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  Exactly what part of the Constitution allows for a law which was passed, upheld by the Supreme Court and was a major issue in a campaign which saw its strongest promoter reelected, to be defunded on the demand of the losing party? If the GOP continues down this path, and allows its extreme wing to continue to make policy, it will soon go the way of the Whigs and the Federalists.

Best
Rob

It's been over forty years since I taught government (and hated every moment of it!); but if I recall correctly, voting for a national referendum to repeal or de-fund Obamacare would do the trick. And it would not be on the demand of the losing party; it would be on the demand of the American public.

P.S. I am typing this at about 8 pm. I don't have the TV on, but they must have opened the government because there are lots of jets flying over my house right now. I live about ten minutes from the flight line at Joint Base Andrews and know whenever our fly boys are told to scramble.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - L Verge - 10-16-2013 07:55 PM