Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial (/thread-1217.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - RJNorton - 10-09-2013 02:24 PM

Thanks to Laurie for sending this along with the comment:

"At least someone in Washington, D.C. cares enough to make the Lincoln Memorial look good during the government shut-down – and it’s a plain old civilian!"

[Image: mowingthelawn.jpg]

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - L Verge - 10-09-2013 03:24 PM

And note: That's an American flag that he's carrying in his left hand. He obviously thinks more about his country that 536 other people I could mention (and before you attack me, I'm practicing freedom of speech/press).

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - LincolnMan - 10-09-2013 04:27 PM

It doesnt look like the American flag- but it may be the picture isnt clear enough or- its just my old eyes. Anyway, more power to the fellow!

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - RJNorton - 10-09-2013 04:32 PM

I think it's a South Carolina state flag. Here's another angle:

[Image: BWJC0NKIQAA8X8h.jpg]

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - brtmchl - 10-09-2013 04:58 PM

Seems like a statement. Maybe he is seceeding from his Government job.

He could be cleaning up from the Pro Amnesty rally that was allowed to protest on the Mall yesterday, while guards made sure no WWII Vets were allowed to visit their memorial and Vietnam Vets were arrested while visiting theirs.

The People suffer, but agendas never do. Oh, the games we play

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - RJNorton - 10-09-2013 05:05 PM

I found an article about it here.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - brtmchl - 10-09-2013 05:28 PM

Great article Roger, too bad they shut him down. It would have been interesting to see if it had grown.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - Gene C - 10-09-2013 05:34 PM

So much for George Bush's "thousand points of light"

http://www.pointsoflight.org/who-we-are/our-history

I din't always agree with his politics, but he was a man that earned respect, and generated pride in our country and government.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - L Verge - 10-09-2013 07:36 PM

Leave it to South Carolina to sense something wrong with the government and try to take steps to change it..... Just an observation.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - Gene C - 10-09-2013 07:47 PM

All this talk about government and spending kinda reminds me of a song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2yTp2qQCcc

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - KateH. - 10-09-2013 10:53 PM

The government shuts down but all the debating government officials still get paid. There is a serious problem with this situation. We need some new faces in our government branches.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - LincolnMan - 10-10-2013 05:48 AM

(10-09-2013 04:58 PM)brtmchl Wrote:  Seems like a statement. Maybe he is seceeding from his Government job.

He could be cleaning up from the Pro Amnesty rally that was allowed to protest on the Mall yesterday, while guards made sure no WWII Vets were allowed to visit their memorial and Vietnam Vets were arrested while visiting theirs.

The People suffer, but agendas never do. Oh, the games we play

If that wasn't a shameful thing, i don't know what is.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - BettyO - 10-10-2013 06:33 AM

Laurie -

I thought the same when I saw the SC flag....it's a shame when US Citizens care enough to want to take care of our monuments and "history" but the government says "Stop!" To me that sounds dangerous.....

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - LincolnMan - 10-10-2013 10:13 AM

Just heard on the radio that the gentleman was stopped in his efforts by the Feds.

RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - Liz Rosenthal - 10-10-2013 11:49 AM

(10-09-2013 07:36 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Leave it to South Carolina to sense something wrong with the government and try to take steps to change it..... Just an observation.

I look at it a little differently. Let's remember that it's the *Lincoln Memorial*. There is some kind of poetic justice in a *Charleston*, South Carolina, resident tidying up a memorial to the man that Charleston was determined to defy a mere 150-odd years ago.Cool