Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial
10-16-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial
(10-16-2013 01:54 PM)brtmchl Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 10:44 AM)Gene C Wrote:  Which branch of government is specifically responsible for determining what government functions are shut down or reduced?

I believe it is the Executive Branch. Congress can choose to fund parts of the Government but ultimately it is the White House who has to sign each bill.

Since most of the government agencies affected by the shut-down are under the purview of Cabinet departments (NPS under Interior), I suspect that somehow the chain of responsibility goes back to the Executive branch.

I also question why this seems to be a returning problem each year as of late. Our wise and noble leaders know that the budget has to be approved by October 1 to avoid this nonsense, so there should be (IMO) more politicking done behind the scenes starting in the spring of each year.

Do they enjoy putting John Q Public through this? All it seems to achieve is the American public growing more and more discontent with our leaders - or is that the long-range plans? As you can see, I am growing very disconcerted and wary in my old age.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - L Verge - 10-16-2013 02:24 PM