Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial
10-11-2013, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 09:09 AM by L Verge.)
RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial
It has been very interesting living right outside D.C. with this shutdown. Most of us were rejoicing that the traffic situation of constant rush hour gridlock would calm down. Not happening.

Despite the tens of thousands of government workers who live in our area - and are supposed to be shut down - the road situation seems even worse. We suspect that people aren't the least bit worried that they won't be getting a paycheck for awhile and are out there shopping and running their gas-guzzling vehicles up and down the roads, enjoying their leisure time. Rush hour has now become anything from 9 am to 9 pm around here. It used to be 5 am to 9 am and 3 pm to 7 pm.

(10-10-2013 04:31 PM)Liz Rosenthal Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 12:58 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I'm not sure that it's poetic justice. It is more likely that this South Carolinian decided the Civil War has been over for 150 years -- let's learn from it and move on. He may have also learned that big government doesn't always get the job done.

I didn't think you would agree with me. But a compelling case - informally, just for the sake of discussion - could be made that we've come full circle and now Charleston has embraced Old Abe, at last. It's about time.

Whatever thought gives you comfort...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mowing the Lawn at the Lincoln Memorial - L Verge - 10-11-2013 09:09 AM