Faces In The Crowd: Conspirators' Execution
09-16-2013, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 03:59 PM by John E..)
#5
RE: Faces In The Crowd: Conspirators' Execution
There are several reasons I believe this man may be Major Johnson and all of it is pure speculation or educated guess. At the very least, I no longer believe the man is General Hancock. This search may never have a definitive answer but its fun to play and you have to start somewhere.

1. From Gardner's execution photograph, it appears that this man is being given special attention by General Hartranft. It's impossible to see his rank, but his coat indicates that he is NOT a General. Again, the photograph may be hiding some details from us on the coat, but from what I can tell, he is NOT a General.

2. The man appears to be wearing glasses. Johnson wore glasses and Hancock did not -- to my knowledge.

3. The eyebrows and cheek bones look like a close match.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Faces In The Crowd: Conspirators' Execution - by John E. - 09-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)