Boston Bombing aftermath, any similarity to the Lincoln assassination aftermath?
04-23-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 02:18 PM by My Name Is Kate.)
RE: Boston Bombing aftermath, any similarity to the Lincoln assassination aftermath?
To the Seward family, at least, Powell was a terrorist. Terrorists are followers and they don't think logically (by our standards). So was Powell when he committed his act. He did not stop to question the morality of murdering a sick old man confined to bed. He knew women were in the Seward house, and other people, but he apparently never stopped to consider beforehand what he would do if one of them got in his way and tried to thwart him.

And consider this: What kind of humanity did Powell show to Fanny Seward by attempting to murder her father with her looking on in horror?

The more people attempt to defend Powell, the more I feel compelled to NOT defend him, even though I do have some sympathy for him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boston Bombing aftermath, any similarity to the Lincoln assassination aftermath? - My Name Is Kate - 04-23-2013 02:10 PM