Assassination Trivia
02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Assassination Trivia
Jim: Interesting story about Baez. Anyone remember The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I remember all the bells were ringing, and all the people were singing....

Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Oh, yes - I have that song on my iPod. I also have her Diamonds and Rust album -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes! Great album, by the way.

Bill Nash
02-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Always liked Baez....but then I'm from the Woodstock generation!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
02-05-2013, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 02:34 PM by Jim Page.)
(02-05-2013 10:38 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Jim: Interesting story about Baez. Anyone remember The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down?

Hey, Bill--

Our group plays that song nearly every weekend, but, unlike Ms Baez, we get the lyrics right!

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
02-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I need to apologize; my source was wrong. The rocking chair was made in Montgomery, Alabama.
02-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I too luv that song but the Bands version.
02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Jim: what are the correct lyrics?

Bill Nash
02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
If anyone gets this right, I may consider going to the Concrete Park with Joe and Gene: Upon his return to Maryland in 1869, where did Dr. Mudd spend his first night of freedom?
02-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Barnum"s Hotel. We're leaving at 9:00 AM Monday after the conference. See you then. I'll bring you some cheese for the ride.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I know this isn't the right answer, Laurie, but I can't resist!

Upon his return to Maryland in 1869, where did Dr. Mudd spend his first night of freedom?

THE TRAPPE!

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
02-05-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 08:09 PM by L Verge.)
Jim - Frankie Mudd would have killed him! Wishful thinking.

Joseph - Oh ***** (er fudge)! How did you know that so quickly. I just learned it today. Luckily I did not put it under Stump the Yankee. You're going to need to bring some Jack Daniels in order to get me inside that Concrete Park. Wait a minute - Gene is going on this trip also, and I believe that he comes from a state known for its smooth bourbon.

(02-05-2013 08:07 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Jim - Frankie Mudd would have killed him! Wishful thinking.

Joseph - Oh ***** (er fudge)! How did you know that so quickly. I just learned it today. Luckily I did not put it under Stump the Yankee. You're going to need to bring some Jack Daniels in order to get me inside that Concrete Park. Wait a minute - Gene is going on this trip also, and I believe that he comes from a state known for its smooth bourbon.

I thought it ironic that Mudd would spend that night at the Barnum's City Hotel where much of the early secessionist protests and later Booth plans were hatched.
02-05-2013, 08:11 PM
I cheated.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Of course you did, but where did you find it so quickly? Please don't tell me Ed's book on His Name Is Still Mudd, which I love and is now out-of-print.