Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Surratt Conference Update - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Surratt Conference Update (/thread-708.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Jim Garrett - 02-27-2013 08:56 AM

(02-26-2013 05:08 PM)Dave Taylor Wrote:  Here's your next goal, Laurie. If you get 150 attendees, I will do my entire presentation with sock puppets. Wouldn't that be something to see! Tongue

Laurie, I think maybe you should reconsider one of your choices for speakersUndecided

RE: Surratt Conference Update - BettyO - 02-27-2013 09:29 AM

I wanna see the sock puppets!! Big Grin

RE: Surratt Conference Update - L Verge - 02-28-2013 07:31 PM

Conference registration now stands at 111, and at least three more should be coming in. Add another 26 who are coming just for the banquet. I'm loving it!

I am also very happy to announce that Rich Smyth's and Jim Garrett's first tome in a series will be there for their signing, and David Keehn's book on the Knights of the Golden Circle will hit the warehouse on March 6 and hopefully make shipment in time for the conference. We have David slated for signing also. Erik will be signing "quickie" DVDs, and a Garrett descendant will be with Dave Taylor and displaying some family memorabilia. We will also have Dr. Kenneth Heineman, a speaker, signing his book on Thomas Ewing.

Bring your credit/debit cards or plenty of cash 'cause we'll sell everything except the tablecloths and napkins!

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Wesley Harris - 02-28-2013 10:49 PM

Was really hoping to have my book "Tools of the Assassins" ready for the conference but life seems to get in the way of writing. Next year for sure...(fingers crossed)

RE: Surratt Conference Update - BettyO - 02-28-2013 11:10 PM

Same here, Wesley!

Alias, 2nd Edition will be out later this summer -

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Laurie Verge - 03-01-2013 10:33 AM

I'm counting on Alias Paine, Tools of the Assassin, Tom Bogar's Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination, Terry Alford's Fortune's Fool, and a few others to be on the shelves in time for the 15th Annual Conference next spring.

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Jim Garrett - 03-02-2013 07:16 AM

(03-01-2013 10:33 AM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  I'm counting on Alias Paine, Tools of the Assassin, Tom Bogar's Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination, Terry Alford's Fortune's Fool, and a few others to be on the shelves in time for the 15th Annual Conference next spring.

And plan on at least one from the group at Sourcebook. Wink

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Jim Garrett - 03-03-2013 05:48 PM

If you have a few moments, Dave Taylor has posted a bit of a teaser on Boothiebarn.com. Dave's commitment to research is second to none, and his choice to topics is one that as not been trampled over time and time again. I just hope he doesn't talk to us like we are a bunch of 2nd graders Smile

RE: Surratt Conference Update - L Verge - 03-03-2013 06:53 PM

I just hope we don't act like a bunch of 2nd graders!

RE: Surratt Conference Update - BettyO - 03-05-2013 06:52 PM

Wait until AFTER the conference on the 3rd Floor of the Colony South!! HA!! Tongue

I've heard that there may be a fire extinguisher fight! Hahahahaha !!

RE: Surratt Conference Update - L Verge - 03-05-2013 08:11 PM

Don't even kid about that!!! We are already faced with reaching our seating capacity at Colony South this year. I don't want to get kicked out of the place completely. It's the only such facility within 20 miles that can house us with rooms, conference area, and feed us -- not to mention that it's five minutes from Surratt House and four miles from I-95.

Two of you are licensed to carry at all times, so I expect your help! Wait a minute, those two may be the first to grab the extinguishers. Do I need to mention the height and weight of the hotel's security guard that I made friends with several years ago??? Insert smiley face here because I refuse to use those things...

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Jim Garrett - 03-05-2013 09:19 PM

(03-05-2013 08:11 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Don't even kid about that!!! We are already faced with reaching our seating capacity at Colony South this year. I don't want to get kicked out of the place completely. It's the only such facility within 20 miles that can house us with rooms, conference area, and feed us -- not to mention that it's five minutes from Surratt House and four miles from I-95.

Two of you are licensed to carry at all times, so I expect your help! Wait a minute, those two may be the first to grab the extinguishers. Do I need to mention the height and weight of the hotel's security guard that I made friends with several years ago??? Insert smiley face here because I refuse to use those things...

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: Surratt Conference Update - J. Beckert - 03-05-2013 10:07 PM

(03-05-2013 08:11 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Don't even kid about that!!! We are already faced with reaching our seating capacity at Colony South this year. I don't want to get kicked out of the place completely. It's the only such facility within 20 miles that can house us with rooms, conference area, and feed us -- not to mention that it's five minutes from Surratt House and four miles from I-95.

Who's the guy with a carry permit? A Rebel? If the Yanks lose the fire extinguisher fight, somebody's getting challenged to a duel on the third floor. Tell the beefy security guard he may want to check the tags in the coat room until the smoke clears.

RE: Surratt Conference Update - brtmchl - 03-06-2013 12:20 AM

(02-27-2013 08:56 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 05:08 PM)Dave Taylor Wrote:  Here's your next goal, Laurie. If you get 150 attendees, I will do my entire presentation with sock puppets. Wouldn't that be something to see! Tongue

Laurie, I think maybe you should reconsider one of your choices for speakersUndecided

Can you video the sock puppet presentation and post it? I know that I am not just speaking for myself. We would all love to see it.

RE: Surratt Conference Update - Jim Garrett - 03-06-2013 08:03 AM

(03-06-2013 12:20 AM)brtmchl Wrote:  
(02-27-2013 08:56 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  

Can you video the sock puppet presentation and post it? I know that I am not just speaking for myself. We would all love to see it.

This continued discourse on sock puppets is concerning me. Normally I would say that it is all in good humour, however, we are talking about Dave Taylor here.Huh