Another Autopsy Photo?
12-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Another Autopsy Photo?
Just received the following email:

"I am wondering if you all have found or seen this illusive photograph. This photograph of this booth man was not taken on the boat . Also it wasn't taken while he was on his back . It was taken on his stomach apparently some man new of two scars one on booths neck and the very small line stitch 2.5 inches down into the right shoulder blade . Just from what I have read."

I assume he is referring to the lost autopsy photo, but he is really describing a second photograph that was supposedly taken -- NOTICE THAT HE SAYS "NOT ON THE BOAT" and also "TAKEN ON HIS STOMACH."

The mention of the smaller scar on the shoulder blade is also new to me. Of course, Booth had several "encounters" with men and women that could account for that, but has anyone seen it in reference to the autopsy?

I replied with the known facts of the autopsy and also the rarity of anyone other than Gardiner and son taking photos of the dead body - even mentioned the article about Lawrence Gardiner written years later.

No photo was attached, and I have asked for his citations. Will more be revealed? Inquiring minds want to know...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: Another Autopsy Photo?
(12-26-2016 02:50 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Just received the following email:

"I am wondering if you all have found or seen this illusive photograph. This photograph of this booth man was not taken on the boat . Also it wasn't taken while he was on his back . It was taken on his stomach apparently some man new of two scars one on booths neck and the very small line stitch 2.5 inches down into the right shoulder blade . Just from what I have read."

I assume he is referring to the lost autopsy photo, but he is really describing a second photograph that was supposedly taken -- NOTICE THAT HE SAYS "NOT ON THE BOAT" and also "TAKEN ON HIS STOMACH."

The mention of the smaller scar on the shoulder blade is also new to me. Of course, Booth had several "encounters" with men and women that could account for that, but has anyone seen it in reference to the autopsy?

I replied with the known facts of the autopsy and also the rarity of anyone other than Gardiner and son taking photos of the dead body - even mentioned the article about Lawrence Gardiner written years later.

No photo was attached, and I have asked for his citations. Will more be revealed? Inquiring minds want to know...

FOLLOW-UP TO PREVIOUS: When pressed for citations, my "informant" confessed that he had "quite a story," but would not reveal it because people would think it was crazy...professes to not like history and not interested in the assassination...picked up stories since childhood...then proceeded to ask a question about the reward poster. Go figure.

This inquiring mind does not want to know anything further on this very spurious claim.
12-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Your source made an interesting choice in the word used to describe the photo. I think he meant to use 'elusive', but does this 'Freudian slip' betray his true intent? You decide. Wink

illusive - based on or having the nature of an illusion; "illusive hopes of finding a better job"; "Secret activities offer presidents the alluring but often illusory promise that they can achieve foreign policy goals without the bothersome debate and open decision that are staples of democracy"

e•lu•sive (ɪˈlu sɪv) also e•lu•so•ry (-sə ri, -zə-)

adj.
1. eluding one's clear perception; hard to express or define.
12-26-2016, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 05:11 PM by L Verge.)
(12-26-2016 04:42 PM)tom82baur Wrote:  Your source made an interesting choice in the word used to describe the photo. I think he meant to use 'elusive', but does this 'Freudian slip' betray his true intent? You decide. Wink

illusive - based on or having the nature of an illusion; "illusive hopes of finding a better job"; "Secret activities offer presidents the alluring but often illusory promise that they can achieve foreign policy goals without the bothersome debate and open decision that are staples of democracy"

e•lu•sive (ɪˈlu sɪv) also e•lu•so•ry (-sə ri, -zə-)

adj.
1. eluding one's clear perception; hard to express or define.

This was probably the worst of his errors in two emails that he has sent so far, but lots of other minor ones. You are certainly correct that he thinks in terms of illusions.

His last email started with "OK, I guess I'll just burn these letters..." If that's not a scam line to draw me back in, I'm the proverbial uncle to that monkey.
12-26-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 05:14 PM by Gene C.)
(12-26-2016 04:42 PM)tom82baur Wrote:  Your source made an interesting choice in the word used to describe the photo. I think he meant to use 'elusive', but does this 'Freudian slip' betray his true intent? You decide. Wink

(12-26-2016 05:10 PM)L Verge Wrote:  His last email started with "OK, I guess I'll just burn these letters..." If that's not a scam line to draw me back in, I'm the proverbial uncle to that monkey.

Perhaps it was more of a Fraudian slip.
Rolleyes

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
12-26-2016, 05:46 PM
(12-26-2016 05:12 PM)Gene C Wrote:  

(12-26-2016 05:10 PM)L Verge Wrote:  His last email started with "OK, I guess I'll just burn these letters..." If that's not a scam line to draw me back in, I'm the proverbial uncle to that monkey.

Perhaps it was more of a Fraudian slip.
Rolleyes

Great play on words, Gene!