Happy holidays!
12-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Happy holidays!
Happy holidays to you all. A healthy, good and prosperous 2015 and keep up the good work!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 06:25 AM
RE: Happy holidays!
I second Kees. I wish the same to all!
12-06-2014, 01:49 PM
As do I. And may the New Year bring us closer to Peace on Earth all over the globe so that our troops can come home (or at least be safe in their overseas posts), our home neighborhoods and towns be free from riots and crime, all citizens learn to be more respectful of each other, horrible diseases be eradicated or controlled, and tolerance and patience and abiding by laws become trademarks of every person.
12-06-2014, 06:55 PM
My best wishes to all, too!
12-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Best Holiday wishes to all in the Lincoln Discussion Symposium family!!
12-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Yesterday forum member Rick Smith kindly sent me a recording of a rehearsal which he was involved in while preparing for an "Evening of Lessons & Carols" program at his church. Rick emphasized that the rehearsal was not as good as the actual program, but I was simply amazed at the beauty of the rehearsal recording. The hymn/carol is called "Thou Who Wast Rich." It was performed by a string quartet with Rick on the Irish whistle (or penny whistle). It's a .mp3 file which I hope will open on members' computers as it's simply beautiful to listen to.

Today I asked Rick if I could share the recording with the forum, and he said that would be fine.

Rick writes, "I am self taught, do not read music and play by ear, like Irish whistle players did ages and ages ago."

CLICK HERE.
12-18-2014, 05:35 PM
This is so beautiful - divine, Rick! What a wonderful Xmas gift to share with the forum members! Thank you!

(As for self taught skills - weren't there some self taught guys who made it to presidency...?)
12-18-2014, 05:42 PM
I agree, Eva - absolutely divine! This is the very essence of Christmas and peace - tranquil....

Rick - you are extremely talented indeed!

Thanks so very, very much for sharing!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
12-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Rick first shared this with me about a week ago when he found out that I was frustrated and depressed. It was so beautiful that I broke down and cried at my desk, and the tears washed away my troubles. Rick is very talented, very well-read, and a wonderful friend. He's one of the many blessings that I have found while working at Surratt House. Santa could never bring me a better friend.
12-18-2014, 09:12 PM
That was wonderful Rick. We wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

" Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford
12-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Thank you all for your very kind and generous comments.

And many thanks to you, Roger, for all that you do to maintain this remarkable forum, which has fostered so much fine discussion and helped to form so many great friendships.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Rick
12-19-2014, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 06:45 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
(12-18-2014 09:12 PM)brtmchl Wrote:  That was wonderful Rick. We wish you all a Merry Christmas.
To you and yours, too! Nice gang, Mike! Was that last year, or are you ahead in time with tree and gift giving?
12-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Mike, what an absolutely wonderful photo that is! Thanks for sharing it.
12-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Mike, you certainly have a beautiful family!

Thanks for sharing!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
12-19-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2014 06:42 AM by loetar44.)
(12-18-2014 05:12 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Today I asked Rick if I could share the recording with the forum, and he said that would be fine.

You are incredibly talented Rick! This is so beautiful! Thank you Rick from the bottom of my heart. I listened today and now it's an earworm, a beautiful one ...