Did Mary Lincoln need committal?
04-15-2014, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 08:23 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Did Mary Lincoln need committal?
(04-14-2014 11:00 AM)Gene C Wrote:  If you add her physical aches and pains and the side effects of the medication she was taking, she was an amazingly determined and strong willed woman. She definately was not a quiter, but also someone who needed a lot of personal attention and support. As my wife would say, "she was a high maintenance women" She deserves better than the way Herndon and most writers have portrayed her
Gene, love your wife's metaphor. I totally agree on all this. Regarding she might have suffered from depressions (rather from bipolar disorder), she was extremely active (just think of her travels). Also after Tad's death she took some comfort in her friendship and correspondance to her grandnephew Edward Lewis Baker Jr.
(04-14-2014 09:35 PM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  Her headaches plagued her.
Right now I can't check where, but I read she didn't suffer from headaches anymore in the last portion of her life.

Just to clarify: I don't doubt she suffered from depressions or meant she was happy in general. I rather think there still might have been certain moments and experiences that touched her in a positive way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Mary Lincoln need committal? - Eva Elisabeth - 04-15-2014 08:20 AM