Did Mary Lincoln need committal?
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: Did Mary Lincoln need committal?
(09-02-2013 04:32 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Anita, thank you very much. Am I reading this correctly - the actual trial transcript, such as what we have for the 1865 Lincoln Conspiracy Trial and the 1867 John Surratt trial, is not included? I would love to read the actual testimony of the witnesses, and I am confused whether or not this is available.

Roger, The way the article reads is unclear about whether this latest acquisition(Oct. 2011)of original docs includes the original trial transcript. I would think it does.

In any case, they have a copy! I would think a transcript of the trial, as it's referred to below, would have the witness statements. I'd like to read it too!

"Typically, mental health records are private, Mr. Cornelius said. But, sometime in the 1920s or 1930s, an Illinois judge who had legitimate access copied the transcript of Mary Todd Lincoln's insanity trial and donated it to the Lincoln presidential library long before the state passed its privacy law covering mental health records."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sect...z2dmjTqO2r
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Mary Lincoln need committal? - Anita - 09-02-2013 09:06 PM