"Gettysburg Part of America's Soul"
04-24-2013, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 08:39 AM by Gene C.)
RE: "Gettysburg Part of America's Soul"
(04-24-2013 06:53 AM)BettyO Wrote:  All that beautiful swaying Spanish Moss in Florida is also covered with them - or so Lew Powell's great niece told me! She told me not to touch it as it was covered in chiggers....

She was right! Those chiggers are real small, and itch like crazy Angry
they seem to stay mainly in the south, GA, FL, LO, where the spanish moss grows. (My wife has a friend visit us in FL that loved the Spanish Moss and wanted to take some back home with them. We warned them not to. But they got some anyway and stuffed it in a big ziplock back. Big mistake! We still laught about it today; at least I do)

Around here we have very small ticks called deer ticks. Some are smaller than the head of a pin. (West KY) I had two sons in Boy Scouts, so before I knew better, I would go with them camping alot. Go into the woods or a field in the spring and you (and your pet) will be covered with them. And they like to hop all over the place. They spread. Fortunately they do have bug spray for them. Squirels get them and my squirrel chasing dog got covered with them and got them (ticks) in the minivan. My wife was not happy, since that is the car she usually drives. she decided to bug bomb the car. That worked, I'm glad she didn't bug bomb me, it was touch and go for a while. (She claimed I was touched, and I was going to have to go Smile

(My segway for this thread is...)
I bet living in the woods in KY and IN, Abraham Lincoln and his family had to deal with ticks. Soldiers too. They must have had some home type remedy for dealing with them, besides scratching.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Gettysburg Part of America's Soul" - Hess1865 - 04-15-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: "Gettysburg Part of America's Soul" - Gene C - 04-24-2013 08:22 AM
RE: "Gettysburg Part of America's Soul" - Hess1865 - 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM