Conspiracy Trial Press Reporters
08-10-2016, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 08:01 AM by Gene C.)
RE: Conspiracy Trial Press Reporters
(08-10-2016 07:02 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Now, I know this is probably far-fetched….but the fellow standing directly behind the Metropolitan Police Officer (love the big badge he’s wearing!) in the “RR Conductor” type hat and holding a pad, appears to me more than somewhat emaciated and looks “consumptive”…. I’m therefore beginning to wonder, although he’s not identified, if he is indeed our friend, RICHARD (R.F.) BOISEAU, of the Daily National Republican. Boiseau died of consumption (TB) on August 26, 1879 at 37 years of age.

Not that far fetched Betty (great photo's, especially that last one)

Odd Conspiracy Theory # 86
That's not Boiseau, but John Wilkes Booth. By the time this last photo was taken, he still hadn't fully recovered from his broken leg (the walking stick) and his escape from Garrett's barn and his life on the run. That is why he is almost unrecognizable, looks so thin, and he's wearing a hat because his dark curly hair has thinned so much and streaked with gray. Notice his mustache just doesn't give his face the character that it used to.

Booth had returned to Washington to try to clear his name (like he said in his diary), and while attending the hanging of Wirtz realizes that idea will not work. Caught up in the moment, he vainly has his picture taken with this group, only to realize that was a mistake, and he might as well escape to India, Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma.
It's all going to be detailed in the next National Geographic Special, "Killing Wirtz". (I hope I didn't spoil that for anyone)
Cool

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Conspiracy Trial Press Reporters - BettyO - 08-09-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Conspiracy Trial Press Reporters - Gene C - 08-10-2016 07:56 AM