Who's good at tracking obscure details?
02-12-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: Who's good at tracking obscure details?
Thank you so much, Susan! I wish I could put you on payroll! BTW: We now have your book, Hanging Mary, in the Surratt gift shop. $15.99 + $3 postage. Susan will be signing at the Surratt conference in April.

As for the Edward Fitzgerald issue, I think I solved that once I received the citation. It is an interview with F. Scott Fitzgerald from a British newspaper. However, it does not mention Thomas Jones. Fitzgerald says that his father was from Montgomery County, Maryland -- which I knew and which was causing me the problem. That county is over fifty miles or more from Thomas Jones's territory in Charles County. Why would young Eddie be so far from home during the Civil War?

He wasn't; he was still living in Montgomery County and helping to row people across the Potomac (which runs through Montgomery also). There were a number of places to sneak across the river up there. Again, that's Jim Garrett's neighborhood, so he might pick up the story of such river crossings. So young Eddie Fitzgerald may have been a river runner, but not an assistant to Thomas Jones.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's good at tracking obscure details? - L Verge - 02-12-2016 11:42 AM