Interesting "little" Lincoln stories
09-24-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: Interesting "little" Lincoln stories
This story does not come from the presidential years, but it's one I like. I've seen this story in many sources with some differences in details. I do not recall ever seeing a legitimate source for this story, and it's probably more legend than fact. However, if anyone does know a source, please post! Thanks.

"When Abraham Lincoln was a young man living at home, he was quite the prankster. His stepmother Sarah Bush Lincoln used to tease him about his height, telling him that he’d better keep his head clean or she’d have to scrub the ceiling. The story goes that one day when Sarah was out, Abe noticed two boys playing barefoot outside next to a mud puddle. He asked them to stomp in the mud until their feet were covered. Then he brought them back to the house. One by one, he carried them inside and held them upside down so their muddy feet could touch the ceiling. Then he had them “walk” across the ceiling, creating a trail of brown footprints. Sarah reportedly took the prank with good humor—but she did make Lincoln repaint the ceiling."

http://mentalfloss.com/article/49681/you...ous-people
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting "little" Lincoln stories - RJNorton - 09-24-2014 05:01 AM