Michael O'Laughlen Arrest Information
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Michael O'Laughlen Arrest Information
(07-31-2012 02:35 PM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  Kauffman has Mike being arrested at the home of his sister Kate. Other than that, you might be splitting a hair in the distinction between "giving up" and "being arrested?"

Was Kate's last name Bailey ? If so, that's what the testimony by his brother in law states.

I wonder if the Rewards statements were made to enhance the detective's role in securing the arrest. That could very well be.

We do know that O'Laughlen had at least a day or two to purge himself of any incriminating evidence before being arrested. We also know that the rewards information and the sworn testimony don't jive.

To reply to your statement Laurie, the Rewards statement made by the arresting officer seems to imply that he arrested O'Laughlen after the brother in law failed to convince him to give up. It was more of a surprise arrest than something planned. -- Thus without incident or shootout.

I'm not sure I buy O'Laughlen's "not wanting to be arrested in front of his mother" statement. I think he had ulterior motives to prolonging his arrest and knew it was inevitable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael O'Laughlen Arrest Information - John E. - 07-31-2012 04:38 PM