Inherited 26 1865 New York Herald Lincoln Assassination Newspapers
12-03-2013, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 05:36 PM by Eagleeye1965.)
RE: Inherited 26 1865 New York Herald Lincoln Assassination Newspapers
(12-03-2013 02:58 PM)historybuff22 Wrote:  You have a truly wonderful archive! I have been collecting Lincoln assassination relics for 48 years now and have about 300 different Lincoln assassination newspapers - April 15 through July 8, 1865. While mostly Union, I have managed to obtain about a dozen Confederate.

I also collect the 4/15/1865 New York Herald reprints. So far i have documented 53 different versions of reprints for this title. For an atlas showing about 30 different versions, go here: http://www.historybuff.com/newspapers/assassination

Collector value for your archive ranges from $5,000-$8000 depending on which 2 editions your April 15 issues are: 2 AM, 3 AM are the most common. Rarest are 8:30 AM, 1:00 PM and 3:30 PM. The two 10:00 AM are the "inbetween" value.

Rick Brown
HistoryBuff.com
A Nonprofit Organization

Rick thanks so very much for the information and wow that's a good long time to be collecting..perhaps in collecting papers you cant help but stop and read it all either Idea so you must have a pretty darn good knowledge on Abe,,not so much the things everyone might know ..but its those little things that so many folks don't know about...that you have read about in the smaller print,, so much more in all of that little print it's incredible to be perfectly honest
Value ..well what can I say but that sounds actually pretty good but would have figured perhaps more seeing they have been all collected already, in order like this,and not to mention the beautiful condition that most are in ..plus no more hunting for those issues ect..shoot some of these original issues I wonder if could ever be found anymore??
I love the one where the president proclaims his rewards amounts for the conspirators and then theres another favorite of mine already..where the guy is telling about how he was hired to build the car that will hold his casket..he goes on in INCREDIBLE detail..JUST LOVE THAT ONE AND WILL NEVER FORGET IT..I will try to post that section someday on here for everyone

Here's the little piece I read about the Funeral Car and there is some amazing reading on each side of it
[Image: IMG_0296.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inherited 26 1865 New York Herald Lincoln Assassination Newspapers - Eagleeye1965 - 12-03-2013 04:54 PM