Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy
11-18-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy
If you have any doubts that Oswald was the lone assassin, I would invite you to read "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. He does an excellent job of going through all of the evidence and makes it clear beyond any shadow of a doubt that Oswald was indeed the lone assassin. Many years ago I used to be one of these JFK conspiracy guys, but if you actually look at the evidence, you cannot (rationally) argue that there was a conspiracy, and you certainly cannot argue that there was more than one shooter. There simply wasn't. It was a relatively easy shot for someone with Oswald's training (he was USMC) to make.

I think the reason that so much JFK conspiracy misinformation is out there is because it is hard to believe that someone as insignificant and worthless as Oswald could kill someone as significant as the President of the United States. But he did. There is so much to the JFK story that is simply chance and bad luck (e.g., Oswald getting a job at the Book Depository a month before the assassination, the motorcade route happening to go right by the building, the fact that the motorcade passed the building at lunch time when the building was mostly empty due to people being outside to see the President.)

Many do not know that Oswald tried to assassinate another person (Gen. Edwin Walker) just 7 months before he killed JFK. Walker was spared only because of chance - the bullet nicked a window pane and missed Walker by a fraction of an inch. Oswald was a complete nut. Irrational, violent, angry, and he had delusions of grandeur. If you learn about his history, you see how easy it is to believe that he would assassinate JFK.

Heath
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Rhatkinson - 11-16-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Rhatkinson - 11-16-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Rhatkinson - 11-17-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Hess1865 - 11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Hess1865 - 11-18-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Rhatkinson - 11-24-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: Mary Lincoln and Jackie Kennedy - Rhatkinson - 11-25-2013, 09:23 AM