A Play about Jennie Gourlay-Ford's Actress
10-24-2012, 10:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012, 10:16 AM by ForJenniesBenefit.)
#6
RE: A Play about Jennie Gourlay-Ford's Actress
(10-23-2012, 06:01 PM)RJNorton Wrote: Billy, I enjoyed the video you posted, and welcome to the forum. If you read all the posts you will find that many of us have our favorite characters from the Lincoln assassination saga. I wish you all the best with For the BENEFIT of Miss JENNIE GOURLAY.

Thank you! I'm overwhelmed by the immediate and enthusiastic response here. And very grateful.

(10-23-2012, 06:44 PM)BettyO Wrote: Beautiful site, Mr. Hipkins !

The play looks wonderful -- Laurie, I'm thinking Surratt Banquet next year....hmmmm!?

Thanks so very much for introducing this to us - and welcome aboard, Mr. Hipkins, I hope you post often! Wink

Thank you so much! I'm grateful for the support and enthusiasm here. I'll do my best to keep you all up to date on Miss Jennie Gourlay.

(10-23-2012, 06:44 PM)BettyO Wrote: Beautiful site, Mr. Hipkins !

The play looks wonderful -- Laurie, I'm thinking Surratt Banquet next year....hmmmm!?

Thanks so very much for introducing this to us - and welcome aboard, Mr. Hipkins, I hope you post often! Wink

Thank you so much! I'm grateful for the support and enthusiasm here. I'll do my best to keep you all up to date on Miss Jennie Gourlay.

(10-23-2012, 07:18 PM)L Verge Wrote: Mr. Hipkins,

Welcome. I just wanted to alert you that we have four members of this forum that are well known for their research on Jeannie Gourlay and her family. You should be able to PM Art Loux, Rich Smyth, Tom Bogar, and Richard Sloan via this site. If not, contact me at laurie.verge@pgparks.com (Surratt House Museum) and I will give you contact information if you wish.

Thank you so much Laurie, the immediate and enthusiastic response I've received here is overwhelming and greatly appreciated! I've already heard from Richard Sloan and am about to respond. Next I will message the other members you've suggested. I'm anxious to share information on Jeannie and very happy to have found you all.

(10-23-2012, 07:51 PM)Rsmyth Wrote: Hello and welcome!
I have lived in Milford, PA for the last 23 years. If you have searched for Ms. Gourlay that search has probably taken through town. I hope to view your play.

Thank you so much! Yes, I have visited beautiful Milford and the Columns where I was allowed to spend time with Jeannie Gourlay-Struthers costumes that are housed there. I also went to the Milford cemetery to visit her grave. All of this was of course very moving to me. I am happy to report that both the president of the Pike County Historical Society and the curator of the Columns will be attending my performance here in NYC on 11/14. I am hoping to bring the show to the Columns if we all agree that this would be possible. I will let you know how this unfolds!

(10-23-2012, 07:51 PM)Rsmyth Wrote: Hello and welcome!
I have lived in Milford, PA for the last 23 years. If you have searched for Ms. Gourlay that search has probably taken through town. I hope to view your play.

Thank you so much! Yes, I have visited beautiful Milford and the Columns where I was allowed to spend time with Jeannie Gourlay-Struthers costumes that are housed there. I also went to the Milford cemetery to visit her grave. All of this was of course very moving to me. I am happy to report that both the president of the Pike County Historical Society and the curator of the Columns will be attending my performance here in NYC on 11/14. I am hoping to bring the show to the Columns if we all agree that this would be possible. I will let you know how this unfolds!

(10-23-2012, 07:51 PM)Rsmyth Wrote: Hello and welcome!
I have lived in Milford, PA for the last 23 years. If you have searched for Ms. Gourlay that search has probably taken through town. I hope to view your play.

Thank you so much! Yes, I have visited beautiful Milford and the Columns where I was allowed to spend time with Jeannie Gourlay-Struthers costumes that are housed there. I also went to the Milford cemetery to visit her grave. All of this was of course very moving to me. I am happy to report that both the president of the Pike County Historical Society and the curator of the Columns will be attending my performance here in NYC on 11/14. I am hoping to bring the show to the Columns if we all agree that this would be possible. I will let you know how this unfolds!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: A Play about Jennie Gourlay-Ford's Actress - by ForJenniesBenefit - 10-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)