Sarah Slater's death certificate
11-06-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: Sarah Slater's death certificate
(11-06-2015 07:57 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I have qualms about Lafayette Baker's book (not to mention the man himself!) and its veracity -- and even the question as to how much of it he even composed. I know that Mike Kauffman used to refer to it being ghost-written for Baker and that Baker himself couldn't recognize a lie from the truth.

Anyone out there know enough about this super snoop to pass historical judgment on him? I can believe John Stanton's theory on Sarah being the "little man," but would trust it even more if it were corroborated anywhere else but in Baker's book.

Laurie. That's a fair deal. I did a small search on the subject and it seems that every thing Baker used, really happened, but it was his agents who wrote the stories. Nothing more than "reporting their day's work". In most cases he would allow them to sign their initials, but not their names. I guess he wanted the readers to think he was everywhere, doing everything. In a few cases I was able to match the initials to a Man. ( That's not a positive ID). He also may have been trying to protect their identity. It may have protected some from retaliation. Maybe, when I finish Harney, I'll dig up Baker. THAT would be a notable "Find". Back to Baker. Allowing the agents to write the reports, gave them an opportunity to embellish it, all they wanted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reply to Jojn Fazio - SSlater - 11-06-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Sarah Slater's death certificate - SSlater - 11-06-2015 09:41 PM
RE: Reply To John F. - SSlater - 11-07-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: Reply To John F. - L Verge - 11-08-2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Reply To John F. - SSlater - 11-08-2015, 11:43 PM