Booth's comments on Spangler ?
05-15-2014, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 12:21 AM by LincolnToddFan.)
RE: Booth's comments on Spangler ?
(05-14-2014 03:54 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(05-14-2014 12:07 PM)wsanto Wrote:  Is the context of the quote in American Brutus that Booth was sorry Spangler was a suspect in the conspiracy or that he was sorry that he kicked the man he thought was Spangler when mounting his horse?

Bill, this is simply my opinion. The way I read Mike Kauffman's words in AB I think Booth was saying he was sorry that Spangler was a suspect in the conspiracy.

Hi Roger,

Do you know if JWB ever expressed an opinion on the roundup of the other suspects, specifically Mary Surratt? Did he ever say anything about Atzerodt failing to attack Andrew Johnson...did he express disgust, disappointment etc...anything at all?

I find it particularly surprising that he did not speak up on behalf of Surratt, realizing as he must have that she was in grave danger. Maybe he didn't believe that the Gov't would hold her.

Or maybe he did express an opinion on all of the above and it was in the missing diary pages....Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Booth's comments on Spangler ? - John E. - 10-19-2012, 05:03 PM
RE: Booth's comments on Spangler ? - LincolnToddFan - 05-15-2014 12:14 AM