Possibly the latest photo of Abraham Lincoln?
12-05-2013, 10:13 PM,
#21
RE: Possibly the latest photo of Abraham Lincoln?
(12-05-2013, 09:57 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote: Anita, was it offered as an unknown photo of Mary or was it just your assumption? I have no idea about exact prizes of such artefacts, but I'd guess a multiple. Isn't it quite unrealistic not only to find an unknown photo but also as such a bargain?

Eva,
It was offered as Mrs. Lincoln and had a civil war tax stamp and with a photographers stamp from Elmira, NY. It may have been a Mrs. Lincoln but NOT the one I had in mind. And yes, you make a good point. No one else was bidding and I was the lucky winner! What should that have told me?

But Eva, I learned a valuable lesson.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Possibly the latest photo of Abraham Lincoln? - by Anita - 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)