Happy Mother's Day
05-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Happy Mother's Day
It's a little early to start this thread, but Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 02:51 PM by BettyO.)
RE: Happy Mother's Day
Indeed, Roger -

Happy Mother's Day to ALL Mothers - Past and Present!

[Image: mothersandkidsthrutime2.jpg]

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Thank you, Betty and Roger!

I love the photos, Betty. I was wondering why Fanny wasn't included but then I realized I've never seen a photo of Fanny and Mrs. Seward together. Perhaps there are some at the Seward House.
05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
I, too would love to see a photo of Mrs. Seward with ALL the kids - funny that there seems to be only this one with the boys --

Perhaps there are others out there as well....would also love to see one of Mrs. Powell with all her kids -- but as far as I know this one of her with baby Lew is the only one in family hands -

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Betty - Don't forget Mrs. Surratt...
05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Of Course.....But don't have a photo of her and the kids....I can add her anyway! She was a mother, after all!

05-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Don't forget Mrs. Booth and her litter of children.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
(05-08-2013 11:30 AM)BettyO Wrote:  I, too would love to see a photo of Mrs. Seward with ALL the kids - funny that there seems to be only this one with the boys --

Perhaps there are others out there as well....would also love to see one of Mrs. Powell with all her kids -- but as far as I know this one of her with baby Lew is the only one in family hands -

I think this photo of Will, Seward and Fanny was taken at the same time, so it would be great, Betty if you can do your magic and photoshop the whole family together. Of course, you'll have to remove Will from one of the photos.

[Image: willfannyseward.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
05-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Great image, Linda!

We'll also do another one for Dads for Father's Day....

05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
You did it, Betty! Thanks for adding Fanny into the family portrait in Post 2.
05-08-2013, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 02:54 PM by BettyO.)
And Mrs. Booth....and Mrs. Dr. Mudd..... don't have any photos of Mrs. Herold, Mrs. Atzerodt, Mrs. Arnold or Mrs. O'Laughlen unfortunately! At least not YET!!

OMG - I just noticed that it looks like Fred Seward is holding Baby Lew!!! Big Grin
....who is probably getting ready to beat him over the head with a baby rattle!

05-08-2013, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 03:02 PM by Gene C.)
(05-08-2013 02:52 PM)BettyO Wrote:  OMG - I just noticed that it looks like Fred Seward is holding Baby Lew!!! Big Grin

Just be glad it's not Fred Sanford or Fred Flinstone

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
(05-08-2013 03:01 PM)Gene C Wrote:  [quote='BettyO' pid='17961' dateline='1368039154']

OMG - I just noticed that it looks like Fred Seward is holding Baby Lew!!! Big Grin

And Fanny is wisely pulling away from Baby Lew towards her mother.

I keep thinking of things for you to do, Betty, but do you mind listing who is who in Post #2? I see you added a couple of more mothers but I don't know who they are.
05-08-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 06:14 PM by BettyO.)
OK - for those who want to know - here is the key to the Moms in the Graphic -

[Image: mothersandkidsthrutime2.jpg]

05-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks, Betty. It's starting to look like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.