In Appreciation
04-19-2013, 09:29 PM
In Appreciation
I'm sure that we are all relieved that our Manhunt of 2013 is over with. I would like to say thank you to the police, the emergency personnel, the FBI teams, and especially the people of Boston and Watertown for handling the situation of the past week so well.

There are so many good Americans who can outweigh the evil ones and those who come here to do us harm -- if we just remember the principles on which our country was founded and live by those principles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: In Appreciation
Gave me a glimpse of what the manhunt for Booth was like.
04-20-2013, 10:37 AM
I echo your sentiments Laurie.

And my thoughts are with all of those who lost their life, and their familes, those who are fighting for their lives, and the many who were injured as a result of these animals. One received justice, and because of our great country the other will have his day in court and hopefully receive the justice he deserves.
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM
I can only hope that these events last week can cause us to look through the proper end of the telescope when it comes to terrorist acts. Because as Americans we shy away from categorizing people, it makes us uncomfortable to look at folks based upon certain factors. And I'm glad we are uncomfortable with that; it keeps us from going overboard with the concept.

But instead of requiring background checks on every person who buys a pressure cooker or a sack of ball bearings, my feeling is that we need to focus a closer eye on those whose beliefs are in potentially violent conflict with the rights and beliefs of others. The brothers who committed those acts of terror last week were fairly vocal, both online and in person, concerning their beliefs for quite some time.

We need to look at this paradigm in a way that prevents these outrages. I'm not in favor of racial or religious profiling, but I'm very much in favor of scrutinizing those with beliefs they feel justify killing those who disagree. And we should be uncomfortable doing that; it will keep us from going too far. Confiscating Granny's bottle of Listerine at the airport will not make us safer. Keeping a closer eye on someone who calls for a violent act in the name of whatever they believe in might.

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
04-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Thought this might sound familiar as we all discuss our favorite court case:

“Under U.S. law, United States citizens cannot be tried in military commissions. And it is important to remember that since 9/11 we have used the federal court system to convict and incarcerate hundreds of terrorists.”

This is from MSN from Press Secretary Jay Carney in reference to Boston bombing suspect #2.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/...igion?lite

“Within this enclosed area a structure to be inhabited by neither the living or the dead was fast approaching completion.”
~New York World 7/8/1865
04-23-2013, 05:23 PM
All honor goes to all those involved in the successful manhunt. Prayers continue to the people of Boston-and the USA.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user