Last Confederate Heroes Bookmarks/Trading Cards
03-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Last Confederate Heroes Bookmarks/Trading Cards
Many thanks to Rick Smith for sending these! Rick makes them, and the photos below feature Bill Richter, Joe Beckert, Betty Ownsbey, and Rick himself. Rick says they make good bookmarks, and one fellow referred to them as Bill Richter trading cards. Enjoy!

[Image: billlach.jpg]

[Image: joelch.jpg]

[Image: bettylch.jpg]

[Image: ricklch.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: Last Confederate Heroes Bookmarks/Trading Cards
Great pictures Rick

Is there something about BettyO that reminds you of this movie star?
http://www.listal.com/viewimage/1256130

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
03-20-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 01:25 PM by BettyO.)
Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane ?!? Big Grin

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
03-20-2013, 03:22 PM
I also thought of Bette Davis, but in a CW era movie that I can't remember the name of.
03-20-2013, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 06:04 PM by BettyO.)
Bette Davis' Civil War movies are Jezebel which I love! The Old Maid, based on Edith Wharton's novel, and a Post Civil War movie set in the Old South - The Little Foxes.

LOVE Bette Davis and will watch ANY movie she's in! And if it's a Civil War picture - all the better! "Hang onto your seats....We're in for a bumpy night!"

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
03-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Those are fantastic photos Smile Betty, you look very similar to Bette Davis. It's not a Civil War movie, but have you seen her in The Man Who Came to Dinner?
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 08:30 PM by BettyO.)
Ooohh yes! I've seen her in just about EVERY move she ever made!

You flatter me too much! Some used to say that when I was young I may have resembled her a bit through the eyes - but with red hair!

[Image: bettyandbette.jpg]

03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Whoa! Betty-now we just need Joan Crawford! Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I also see Vivien Leigh in the comparison picture you posted, Betty.
03-20-2013, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 09:22 PM by GARY POPOLO.)
(03-20-2013 07:58 PM)BettyO Wrote:  Ooohh yes! I've seen her in just about EVERY move she ever made!

You flatter me too much! Some used to say that when I was young I may have resembled her a bit through the eyes - but with red hair!

[Image: bettyandbette.jpg]
Betty, I also love Betty Davis and I think you look very much like her. I have watched her movies over and over again. She is one of the greats!

(03-20-2013 09:26 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Many thanks to Rick Smith for sending these! Rick makes them, and the photos below feature Bill Richter, Joe Beckert, Betty Ownsbey, and Rick himself. Rick says they make good bookmarks, and one fellow referred to them as Bill Richter trading cards. Enjoy!

[Image: billlach.jpg]

[Image: joelch.jpg]

[Image: bettylch.jpg]

[Image: ricklch.jpg]
Great pictures. I want to know where I can find a copy of the book? Have visted a couple of book stores without any luck. Anyone know were it can be found? Thanks Gary
03-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Gary -

You MUST read this!! It's fabulous! Wild Bill sells the book as well as Surratt House - AND if you want an eBook - it's sold for Kindle on Amazon and Nook at Barnes and Noble -

03-21-2013, 08:57 AM
I'd like to know if the trading cards are available for sale too? I think it would be such fun to have a whole set! (and hope I wouldn't have to hide them behind a print if the police ever came to search my rooms ... )
03-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Sorry, Dawn. I use those as business cards, and Rick Smith hands them out at the Surratt House Museum, where he is a docent. I am not sure if a complete set exists as we change them regularly. There must be 2 dozen! But they are not available for sale. Probably a lousy business decision. I suspect that they would do better than my 4 books on the Lincoln Assassination. Easier to read!
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 03:04 PM by Dawn E Foster.)
Last Confererate Heroes and Sic Semper Tyrannis are both on my wish list. But since I've only been at this about a-year-and-a-half, and have a lot of catching up to do with the rest of you, my library is composed of all old used copies. Seems like nobody wants to part with their copies of your books.
03-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Dawn,

An assortment of the Last Confederate Heroes cards is now on its way to you.

I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks for your interest.

Rick