The American Film Company's next movie
02-01-2013, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 10:52 AM by Christine.)
The American Film Company's next movie
I just saw this. Sorry if you've already discussed it. For the American Film Company's second film, they have chosen to focus on the Kennedy Assassination.

http://www.theamericanfilmcompany.com/fi...l/parkland

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2345112/

Pretty good cast - Paul Giamatti, Billy Bob Thornton, Jackie Earle Haley (Alexander Stephens in Lincoln), Jeremy Strong (John Nicolay in Lincoln), James Badge Dale (one of Aiken's friends in the Conspirator), Marcia Hardin, and Zac Ephron (who has grown up quite well since his High School Musical Days - having a teenaged daughter I've seen most of his films multiple times!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 12:37 PM by Laurie Verge.)
RE: The American Film Company's next movie
What a switch! The last thing we heard was that the second film would be Midnight Rider, based on Paul Revere getting ALL the recognition. Someone must have awakened to the fact that this is the 50th anniversary year of the Kennedy assassination.

BTW: Marcia Gay Harden is a graduate of Surrattsville High School.
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Surrattsville has a High School? I remember there is a Samuel A. Judd school somewhere in Maryland.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2013, 05:35 PM
When I was a child, there was a Surrattsville Elementary, Surrattsville Junior High, and Surrattsville Senior High. The elementary school is now a religious center; the junior high is a church school; but the senior high is still Surrattsville Senior High. I believe I'm correct that Surrattsville High School was the second (maybe third) high school built in our county - dating to the early-1900s. There were some students and teachers who boarded at the Surratt House during those early years so that they could attend/teach at the new school.

The Dr. Samuel A. Mudd Elementary School is in our adjacent county - Charles County (or Chuck County as the youngsters call it).
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Let me guess-do they call the Surrattsville High football team, The Hangmen???
Just kidding around Laurie-please don't be offended