Welcome
01-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome
I would like to give a shout-out to Rock Toews, our latest member. Rock is a historian/book dealer in Annapolis, Maryland, and I am so glad to see that he has joined our ranks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Welcome
Welcome, Rock! I bought a book from you many years ago...you've probably forgotten.
01-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Welcome Rock. We are glad to have you on-board!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks all!
02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome, Rock. Please keep an eye peeled for copy of JWB in the Pennsylvania Oil Region for me. Thanks!

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
02-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Lindsey and I stopped in at Back Creek Books on our way back from Baltimore. Rock has a wonderful shop filled with so many great treasures. His selection of Lincoln books is great. We visit Rock everytime we're in Annapolis and we always find something to bring home. Glad you're here, Rock.
02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
The last I heard, Rock was working on a book about the Civil War in Annapolis. How is it progressing, Rock?
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
The NY Times Book Review had an ad today for the book about the plot to assassinate Lincoln in Baltimore when he was on his way to Washington to be inaugurated. Has anyone seen reviews of the book? It sounds like something I should like to read, but am not familiar with the author.
02-03-2013, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 04:34 PM by L Verge.)
I saw the book mentioned somewhere, but I have yet to check into it. It would have to be very good to surpass the one done by Michael Klein several years ago.

I just checked this out on Amazon, and it appears to be a rehashing of the "Pinkerton Saved the Day" history of the Baltimore Plot. That said, I still bought a copy for the Surratt House Research Center. If it looks good, we'll consider selling it in the gift shop.
02-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Rock wrote a monograph on Abraham Lincoln’s trip through Annapolis in February 1865 on his way to the conference at Hampton Roads. It's available at the Maryland State Archives.
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I just want to welcome a new member, KateH. I like her already since she's using Anna Surratt as her avatar.
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Welcome, Kate! Kate is a history major who is studying the Lincoln assassination and conspiracy. We are happy you joined us, Kate!
03-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Kate: welcome. We all look forward to your input-no pressure though. Smile

Bill Nash
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm happy to be here and excited to learn from the best Smile
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
It is so good to see my old friend Jane Singer joining this forum. Jane is a wonderful assassination scholar with special interests and excellent skills in the area of espionage during the Civil War, and especially in relation to the kidnap/assassination. She is the author of a book on the subject that her publisher insisted on titling Confederate Dirty Tricks - even though there were enough dirty tricks to go around on all sides, IMO.

Jane now lives and works in California, but she grew up in Mosby Country, Virginia. Dear Joseph, please note that you have one more rabid Southern female to contend with.....