01-04-2013, 12:23 AM
First trailer for "Killing Lincoln"
It looks good!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/03/killin...r/?cnn=yes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 05:54 AM
RE: First trailer for "Killing Lincoln"
Thank you for posting the link, Linda. I sure look forward to seeing this next month.
01-04-2013, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 07:30 AM by BettyO.)
Thanks, Linda for posting this.

This looks SO wonderful - and believe you me, it IS!

I had the distinct pleasure of working several weeks with the crew of this wonderful film - and from what I saw during the filming - the attention to detail, accuracy, etc, it will be grand! It was a real privilage working with these fine folk. I must say that they were amongst the most accurate, friendly and wonderful people I've ever had the pleasure to work with - actors and crew alike. They were a historian's delight - people who care about total historic accuracy as well as entertainment - an absolutely delightful experience! Can't wait for this one next month on the National Geographic Channel. I think it's going to premier on February 13.

Don't Miss It!!!!

Also a plug for the Surratt Conference - Scriptwriter, Director Erik Jendresen will be our speaker at the Banquet on Saturday night - so you don't want to miss the Conference either!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the info Betty. The trailer looks really really good. I had a highly respected literary agent tell me that their was no market for the Lincoln Assassination.
01-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Great trailer. I've liked Billy Cambell ever since I took my young son to see the Rocketeer. (which is still one of my favorite adventure movies) The comments at the end of the article were interesting too.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
01-04-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 10:15 AM by BettyO.)
Everyone on set was very congenial! Really like Jesse Johnson as JWB - he was a terrific, very down to earth fellow. AND he can really ride a horse! I actually hung out a bit with the actor playing Rathbone.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Billy Campbell - OR the young actor playing Lewis Powell, the one I REALLY wanted to meet....*rats!*

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I remember Billy Campbell from the TV show Once and Again with Sela Ward. I really liked that show and how Campbell and Ward portrayed two divorced parents trying to deal with their new relationship while raising teenagers.

Wikipedia states that Campbell also portrayed Major General George Pickett in Gods and Generals.
01-04-2013, 07:47 PM
This article also just appeared about Eric Jendresen and Killing Lincoln:

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/ki...arty-71446

01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Interesting article, but I don't agree with the tea party comment.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Thank you Linda for the link to killing Lincoln. I cannot wait to see the movie. Jesse Johnson is a JWB look alike and seems to have his part down quite well. Thank you again. Gary P.
01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
I really liked what I saw in the trailer. The thought occurred to me that maybe Steven Spielberg didn't detail the Lincoln assassination is because of the timing of this movie being so near to his film. Just a passing thought.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
(01-04-2013 09:24 PM)GARY POPOLO Wrote:  Thank you Linda for the link to killing Lincoln. I cannot wait to see the movie. Jesse Johnson is a JWB look alike and seems to have his part down quite well. Thank you again. Gary P.

You're welcome, Gary. I've been reading so much about Powell's attack on Seward that tears came to my eyes when the trailer showed Powell stabbing him. Everything is so tragic, I don't know how I'll be able to watch the whole movie.
01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
(01-04-2013 08:35 PM)Gene C Wrote:  Interesting article, but I don't agree with the tea party comment.

Me neither.

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Move over, Johnny Depp, I am probably going to switch my allegiance to Jesse Johnson as my favorite to play JWB (but only if he keeps his hair dyed, mustache on, and coiffed in 19th-century style).