Thank you to Betty Ownsbey!
07-12-2012, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 09:42 AM by RJNorton.)
Thank you to Betty Ownsbey!
Some folks have had problems uploading their avatars. Today you will see a new section on how to do this. I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to Betty for creating these easy to follow instructions. Her post has been closed to further replies so the page stays as is and doesn't become confusing over time if a series of new replies were posted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Thank you to Betty Ownsbey!
(07-12-2012 07:29 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Some folks have had problems uploading their avatars. Today you will see a new section on how to do this. I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to Betty for creating these easy to follow instructions. Her post has been closed to further replies so the page stays as is and doesn't become confusing over time if a series of new replies were posted.

Also, I have discovered a "Spell Check" plugin for posts. So far I have downloaded it, and I tried to install it, but it didn't work. I will keep working on this over the next week and see if I can add a "Spell Check" option for posters.

Thanks so very much, Roger! Glad to oblidge anytime !

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
i ame gladd yo adeing a spel chiek fetur tu thiz site

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
07-12-2012, 09:58 AM
What a huckleberry she is!!!

"There are few subjects that ignite more casual, uninformed bigotry and condescension from elites in this nation more than Dixie - Jonah Goldberg"
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
(07-12-2012 09:58 AM)J. Beckert Wrote:  What a huckleberry she is!!!

Now there's a compliment I've never heard before!!! When I was a child, you could stop on the edge of almost any country road and pick huckleberries right off the bushes that grew wild all over the place. You never see these wild huckleberry bushes anymore in Maryland. I suspect that the salt and chemicals we use during the winter have killed them. It's like trying to find chinquapin bushes. How many of you remember them?

But, I digress....
07-12-2012, 12:08 PM
(07-12-2012 11:40 AM)Laurie Verge Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 09:58 AM)J. Beckert Wrote:  What a huckleberry she is!!!

Now there's a compliment I've never heard before!!! When I was a child, you could stop on the edge of almost any country road and pick huckleberries right off the bushes that grew wild all over the place. You never see these wild huckleberry bushes anymore in Maryland. I suspect that the salt and chemicals we use during the winter have killed them. It's like trying to find chinquapin bushes. How many of you remember them?

But, I digress....

Thanks, ya'll! I must admit that traveling home from DC the other evening, I saw a bunch of fellows (looked like construction workers) who had stopped alongside the road and were picking berries (probably blackberries) and eating them off of some huge bushes to the side of the road - could have been huckleberries, I don't know.....

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Hello everyone!

This is Bill Nash. I have known some of this Forum's members through the years through the Internet. I am pleased to be a part of this great new site to discuss "all things Lincoln" (thank you Roger!). I registered today. Thank you Betty O. for your wonderful step-by-step guide to downloading an avatar-it made it so easy! Now for a shameless plug- I am webmaster for my own Lincoln blog called: AbesBlogCabin. It can be found at abesblogcabin.org. Feel free to visit! Smile

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Hey Bill. I am so glad you decided to join. I have been a fan of your excellent (and very attractive) blog for several years. If you do not mind, I am going to make it real easy for the folks to go there with just one click of the mouse.
07-17-2012, 06:48 AM
(07-16-2012 10:28 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Hello everyone!

This is Bill Nash. I have known some of this Forum's members through the years through the Internet. I am pleased to be a part of this great new site to discuss "all things Lincoln" (thank you Roger!). I registered today. Thank you Betty O. for your wonderful step-by-step guide to downloading an avatar-it made it so easy! Now for a shameless plug- I am webmaster for my own Lincoln blog called: AbesBlogCabin. It can be found at abesblogcabin.org. Feel free to visit! Smile

Thank you, Bill! Glad to have you join us! And thanks for the link to your blog!

07-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Roger:
That is very nice of you! The blog is "a labor of love"-you're correct. Probably the most rewarding thing for me about it is that I have heard from so many wonderful people. There are a lot of Lincoln fans out there! I've even enjoyed hearing from those who greatly dislike Lincoln. All opinions are welcome. Interestingly enough, I have heard from several living descendents (direct and indirect)- of famous folks like Custer, Grant, Zachariah Chandler, and Daniel Boone. It's amazing to think that they are alive and carrying on the name. Really, the Civil War was not that long ago in the big scheme of things!

Bill Nash
07-17-2012, 08:49 PM
(07-16-2012 10:28 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Hello everyone!

Bill,
Glad to see that a fellow SUVCW brother is doing the good work! Great Blog!

Craig
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Craig: Greetings! You are a SUVCW brother?! Great. I am currently Camp Commander of Camp # 2, Department of Michigan. Our Camp covers Oakland and Macomb Counties here in Michigan. What Department and Camp are you with?

Bill Nash
07-18-2012, 09:16 PM
(07-17-2012 09:52 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Craig: Greetings! You are a SUVCW brother?! Great. I am currently Camp Commander of Camp # 2, Department of Michigan. Our Camp covers Oakland and Macomb Counties here in Michigan. What Department and Camp are you with?

Bill,
Greetings to you friend! I am a PCC of the Gibbon-Burke Camp, Department of North Carolina. I grew up in Massachusetts, but have lived down south for the past 22 years. I read your blog post about your cousin William Nash. Like you, I too have a relative that died during the war (killed at 2nd Bull Run) It is good to keep their memory alive.

Craig
07-26-2012, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 09:47 AM by RJNorton.)
I would like to give another great big THANK YOU to Betty for her easy-to-follow instructions on posting images!

Also, thank you to Bill for adding a link here from his blog today!
07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
My pleasure Roger. This is a great site with a wealth of Forum participants bringing a rich variety of knowledge and experience for all things Lincoln. in other words, the Forum rocks!

Bill Nash