The Green Blade Rises-did we know already about this movie?
11-22-2012, 04:42 PM
The Green Blade Rises-did we know already about this movie?
I was looking for something in Wiki when I came across an entry about this movie about Lincoln. If it's been brought up already, forgive me. Here's the posting on it from Wiki:

The Green Blade Rises, produced by Terrence Malick, Nicolas Gonda and Charley Beil is currently in production. The film is written and directed by A.J. Edwards and focuses on Lincoln's upbringing, showing the events and tragedies that forged him into the man he became. Jason Clarke is in negotiations to portray Thomas Lincoln, Abraham's father, while Diane Kruger is to portray Sarah Bush Lincoln, Abe's stepmother. Wes Bentley and Brit Marling have also signed on as Lincoln's first teacher and as Nancy Lincoln.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2012, 11:47 PM
RE: The Green Blade Rises-did we know already about this movie?
Silly boy ...

(08-22-2012 01:14 AM)Karen S. Campbell Wrote:  Another Lincoln themed movie is in the works, The Green Blade Rises, which will detail three years in the early life of Lincoln in Indiana and the influence of Sarah Bush Johnston Lincoln:

http://news.yahoo.com/diane-kruger-cast-...34160.html

This is a short article about Diane Kruger who will play Sarah Bush Lincoln:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208167/

The movie is scheduled for 2013 and will begin production this Fall. The writer/director is A. J. Edwards. The producers are Charley Beil, Nicholas Gonda, and Terrence Malick. Terrence Malick was the director of the movie "The Tree of Life."

Synopsis: Sarah Lincoln becomes Abraham Lincoln’s stepmother when he is 10 years old. The young Lincoln faces hardships which shape him and tragedy which marks him forever, but two women guide him to immortality. His stepmother becomes an influential figure for the future president.
Read more at http://www.movieinsider.com/m10560/the-g...OGy4E8y.99

The bio-pic will be filmed in black and white.

(08-22-2012 09:17 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Thanks, Karen. The Lincoln popularity train keeps a movin'
Find all posts by this user
11-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Dawn: It's getting hard to keep up with all the posts and threads Smile Now if I could find that missing sock from my clothes dryer...

Bill Nash
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Bill, if you find my keys, please give a holler.
11-23-2012, 10:03 AM
I can laugh because I forget everything. And lose everything.
11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I just have to tell you about someone who lost her cell phone and found it in the refrigerator. The same person was late coming to a Christmas party because she could not find her keys and finally had to use her husband's car. Part of the evening included a gift exchange. When the person who received her gift opened the package, there were the keys! The receiver tried to claim the car, but it didn't work. Top that...
11-23-2012, 10:03 PM
(11-23-2012 01:48 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I just have to tell you about someone who lost her cell phone and found it in the refrigerator. The same person was late coming to a Christmas party because she could not find her keys and finally had to use her husband's car. Part of the evening included a gift exchange. When the person who received her gift opened the package, there were the keys! The receiver tried to claim the car, but it didn't work. Top that...

Leaving a cell phone in a refrigerator is (I guess) somewhat better than a certain someoneBig Grin leaving a cell phone outside, overnight to get rained on and become completely useless.

Craig
11-23-2012, 10:14 PM
(11-23-2012 10:03 PM)Craig Hipkins Wrote:  
(11-23-2012 01:48 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I just have to tell you about someone who lost her cell phone and found it in the refrigerator. The same person was late coming to a Christmas party because she could not find her keys and finally had to use her husband's car. Part of the evening included a gift exchange. When the person who received her gift opened the package, there were the keys! The receiver tried to claim the car, but it didn't work. Top that...

Leaving a cell phone in a refrigerator is (I guess) somewhat better than a certain someoneBig Grin leaving a cell phone outside, overnight to get rained on and become completely useless.

Craig

Or, perhaps, putting it in your pocket, and then deciding to wash all the laundry ...
11-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Well, at least we haven't lost our marbles!

Bill Nash
11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
(11-23-2012 10:28 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Well, at least we haven't lost our marbles!

Bill,
This reminds me of the "marble theory"--whereby you become employed and are given a large jar of marbles. Each time you make an important decision on the job, you remove one marble from the jar. When you have lost all of your marbles, you retire. Worked for me!
Joe
11-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Y'all are a riot.
11-24-2012, 03:07 PM
So you can truly say all of all your marbles are gone!

Bill Nash