Indiana restaurant where Lincoln ate for sale
02-26-2022, 08:45 PM
Indiana restaurant where Lincoln ate for sale
Anyone who has visited Spencer County, Indiana likely has heard of The Log Inn. It was founded in 1825, making it the oldest restaurant in Indiana, and it claims that Lincoln ate there in 1844 while visiting Spencer County and campaigning for Henry Clay. Joe Di Cola, Gene Cook, and myself all ate there on a trip to the Lincoln boyhood sites. It has some of the best friend chicken I've eaten. Asking price? $3 million.

Best
Rob

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/lo...on-county/

http://theloginn.net/

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2022, 09:11 AM
RE: Indiana restaurant where Lincoln ate for sale
That was a fun visit. Let's do it again.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
02-27-2022, 10:02 AM
Vicki and I went to the Log Inn sometime during the early 1980s. We had friends we visited in Evansville and then went there to eat. I recall a really wonderful meal. My memory is that we ate at a really long table, not an individual booth. I do not know how accurate that part of the memory is.
02-27-2022, 11:10 AM
Roger, we never ate in the Lincoln room, so I can't say what it looks like, but I don't think your memory is wrong. In the dining room we ate in, the tables werre the normal round ones, but I think there are various types of tables there.

Gene, I'm ready.

The one thing about the restaurant is that they don't take credit cards. Gene, Joe, Cheryl and I were going to eat there one time and couldn't because none of us had any cash. The wait time for a table (especially on a weekend) can be as much as an hour or more, but it's definitely worth it.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
02-28-2022, 09:15 AM
I hope it gets purchased. I would hope that such a great place of such historical significance would close its doors for good.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user