National Portrait Gallery First Ladies Exhibit
11-06-2020, 02:32 PM
National Portrait Gallery First Ladies Exhibit
I received this announcement from the National First Ladies Library.
So wish I could be there in person.

On November 13, the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C., will open an exhibit featuring the first ladies. "Every Eye Is Upon Me: First Ladies of the United States of America" is the first major exhibition to explore the historical significance of this prominent position through the mode of portraiture. The exhibition will span nearly 250 years, from Martha Washington to Melania Trump, and will feature more than 60 portraits of the first ladies, alongside related ephemera including iconic dresses. The National First Ladies' Library had the privilege to collaborate with the National Portrait Gallery and provide collection items, information about the first ladies, research assistance, and label text for the exhibit.
The exhibit will open to the public at the National Portrait Gallery until May 23. A comprehensive online exhibition will also be released on November 13, featuring all works in the exhibition with additional research resources.
The exhibit will be accompanied by an illustrated book, First Ladies of the United States. It is available online for pre-order.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2020, 08:58 PM
RE: National Portrait Gallery First Ladies Exhibit
Cool! I didn't realize that the gallery had reopened.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2020, 11:02 PM
Susan, should we post this under First Ladies or related threads?
11-07-2020, 09:17 PM
(11-06-2020 02:32 PM)Anita Wrote:  I received this announcement from the National First Ladies Library.
So wish I could be there in person.

On November 13, the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C., will open an exhibit featuring the first ladies. "Every Eye Is Upon Me: First Ladies of the United States of America" is the first major exhibition to explore the historical significance of this prominent position through the mode of portraiture. The exhibition will span nearly 250 years, from Martha Washington to Melania Trump, and will feature more than 60 portraits of the first ladies, alongside related ephemera including iconic dresses. The National First Ladies' Library had the privilege to collaborate with the National Portrait Gallery and provide collection items, information about the first ladies, research assistance, and label text for the exhibit.
The exhibit will open to the public at the National Portrait Gallery until May 23. A comprehensive online exhibition will also be released on November 13, featuring all works in the exhibition with additional research resources.
The exhibit will be accompanied by an illustrated book, First Ladies of the United States. It is available online for pre-order.
Very cool, Anita! I would love that!