Feed Store closed permanently
09-27-2020, 06:10 PM
Feed Store closed permanently
While we were picking up Patsy, my cousin's husband told me that the last time they went to Springfield, they noticed that The Feed Store was closed permanently. It was one of the best places to eat in the city. My go-to order was a bowl of the Wisconsin Cheddar Soup and the Pork Barrel Sandwich, which was ham, salami, Colby, and Swiss cheeses on a Kaiser Roll.

What's odd is that their website is still up like they are open, but this appeared in the Springfield Journal-Register. I sure hope someone is able to take it over, but I'm not confident.

Best
Rob

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20200701/feed-...r-43-years

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2020, 06:53 AM
RE: Feed Store closed permanently
A victim of Covid maybe?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Undoubtedly, Bill, but also fewer people downtown. It's a shame.,

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
09-29-2020, 07:49 AM
It is a shame. That was one of our "go to" destinations on our Springfield visits.
I hope our two favorite bookstores in downtown Springfield make it through this virus.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
09-29-2020, 11:15 AM
The Feed Store served not only great food but has an interesting history. Very sad news.
10-02-2020, 08:45 PM
"The State Journal-Register reported that is has closed. Owners retiring, but covid did hasten their decision.