Spielberg's Lincoln on 60 Minutes
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Spielberg's Lincoln on 60 Minutes
"The interview, which will contain the first clips from the film "Lincoln," will be broadcast on 60 Minutes on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 7:30 p.m. ET and 7:00 p.m. PT."

http://www.ktvq.com/news/60-minutes-spie...he-making/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: Spielberg's Lincoln on 60 Minutes
Thanks Linda. I just checked your post at 6:59 pm.
10-21-2012, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 07:06 PM by Linda Anderson.)
I was looking for articles on the movie when I saw it and I posted right away. Maybe we can call people who might not notice this thread?

It will start when the football game is over, whenever that is.
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-5...g-lincoln/

"This week, 60 Minutes Overtime has a special treat for anyone looking forward to Steven Spielberg's new movie, "Lincoln," starring award-winning actor Daniel Day-Lewis.

"In the above video, you'll hear from the famously reticent Daniel Day-Lewis on his feelings for Lincoln, the man, in the actor's first interview about "Lincoln," the movie. In an interview with Lesley Stahl, Day-Lewis said of Lincoln: 'I never, ever felt that depth of love for another human being that I never met.'

"You'll also get a first look at the making of the "Lincoln" movie with details about the historical accuracy of the set, props, and acting from Spielberg himself."
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for posting this link, Linda. Watching that video makes me want to see the movie more than ever.
10-23-2012, 09:03 AM
I missed it. Sad Was it good?

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I thought the most fascinating part was about the relationship between Spielberg and his parents and how it continues to influence his films.

You can watch it here.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5...ryMediaBox
10-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Darn it, I was on the phone instead of watching it, so I recorded it on my DVR. I guess you know what happened. The football game ran long but my DVR couldn't care less. It stopped recording at the time that "60 Minutes" was originally scheduled to end! G-r-r-r.
10-24-2012, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 07:20 AM by BettyO.)
Thanks EVER so much for posting this, Linda!

I was stranded on the side of the road on the Capitol beltway when this was on Saturday -- so of course I missed it! Spielberg is one of my heroes and a wonderful person besides - so thanks for posting the link so I could watch (and download!) it..... Wink

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley