"The Lincoln Conspiracy"
05-09-2020, 10:37 PM
"The Lincoln Conspiracy"
I received the following email from the National Archives Foundation. I have not seen or read this new book, The Lincoln Conspiracy, but it is NOT to be confused with the 1977 farce written by Balsiger and Seller or the movie based on it of the same title. It is my understanding that the new book deals with the 1861 plot to assassinate Lincoln in Baltimore while enroute to Washington. The link to register is below.

Live Program: The Lincoln Conspiracy

Join us for our next livestream program on Thursday, May 14 at 5 p.m. with bestselling authors Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch. Foundation Executive Director Patrick Madden will interview the dynamic duo about their latest book hot off the press, The Lincoln Conspiracy.

REGISTER: https://archivesfoundation.org/event/liv...a8ce9537cc

Livestream instructions will be provided prior to the start of the program.

Signed copies of the book, The Lincoln Conspiracy will be available for purchase online at the nationalarchivesstore.org following the program.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2020, 06:56 PM
RE: "The Lincoln Conspiracy"
I believe this revolves around the Baltimore plot. Mr. Meltzer usually stretches the facts a bit. If I remeber, several years ago, he went down the "Booth got away" road with Nate Orlowick.
05-11-2020, 05:35 AM
(05-10-2020 06:56 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  If I remeber, several years ago, he went down the "Booth got away" road with Nate Orlowick.

Jim, that episode of Brad Meltzer's Decoded first aired on December 23, 2010. I believe people used to be able to watch it on the web, but it seems to have disappeared from this page. It was episode 4 in season 1.
05-11-2020, 08:26 AM
That's very mysterious that the specific episode has disappeared,
perhaps that's the latest chapter in his new book?

The conspiracy continues.
Cool

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?