George Buss
02-12-2020, 10:44 PM
George Buss
Having been in the WDC area now for 40 years -- which just means I am old -- I was fortunate enough to see Jim Getty as President Lincoln on several occasions. Mr. Getty passed away in 2015, and I had heard and read (including on this forum) that a "new" Mr. Lincoln had been found in a man named George Buss, from Freeport, IL. I had not had the opportunity to see Mr. Buss until last evening when I had the distinct privilege to sit with him at a dinner at which he was the featured speaker. Although he did not speak at this event as Lincoln, I could certainly see that element in his presentation. George's remarks were brilliant, with a combination of thoughtful and reflective insights woven together with history and humor. And more importantly, he is a most cordial individual.

If you have the opportunity to meet or see George Buss -- either as Lincoln or as himself -- I strongly encourage you to do so. I promise that you will make a new friend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2020, 02:24 AM
RE: George Buss
Hi and thanks for the detailed report! I totally second every single word - he is brilliant in what he does and brings Lincoln to life in a way I thought wasn't possible. It is a huge treat to enjoy his work every year in Gettysburg - both at the Lincoln Forum Symposium and on Dedication Day!

In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first.
02-13-2020, 06:04 AM
Here is a short 44 second video clip of George Buss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-SmqPZblU
02-13-2020, 08:45 AM
I'm a FB friend of Mr. Buss. Yes, he is a great Lincoln presenter.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2020, 09:27 AM
I made friends with George Buss recently on FB. He's a kind man and a wonderful presenter.
02-17-2020, 01:00 PM
He will appear on a program today at 1pm on C-Span 3.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-17-2020, 05:01 PM
"In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first."

Love that!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2020, 02:07 PM
(02-17-2020 05:01 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  "In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first."

Love that!

Lol, thanks! I think I did not even steal this one ;-)

05-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Before yesterday, George gave an online presentation for Memorial Day, focused on the Second Inaugural Speech, and then a Q&A session followed.

Enjoy!

(I'm the young lady from France mentioned hehe. George is an adorable guy. He sure has friends everywhere)

https://youtu.be/PvW10ET7ywE
05-27-2020, 04:55 PM
(05-27-2020 03:40 PM)Mylye2222 Wrote:  (I'm the young lady from France mentioned hehe.

Emilie, that is neat, and I thought George Buss' reply in which he stressed education was excellent.
05-27-2020, 05:07 PM
(05-27-2020 04:55 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(05-27-2020 03:40 PM)Mylye2222 Wrote:  (I'm the young lady from France mentioned hehe.

Emilie, that is neat, and I thought George Buss' reply in which he stressed education was excellent.

He was excellent all along. He and I maintain "telegraphic" corresponding. (Facebook Messenger).