The Mudd Children
06-22-2019, 11:41 AM
The Mudd Children
For those who may be interested, I have posted profiles of Dr. and Mrs. Mudd's nine children.

See https://www.muddresearch.com/family.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: The Mudd Children
That was interesting
Thanks for posting

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
06-22-2019, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2019 02:46 PM by L Verge.)
I second that. I have heard that Henry Mudd died as a result of falling from a fence railing while under the care of a servant. Is that true?

Also, for some reason I believe that the home/office of Dr. Thomas Dyer Mudd still stood on Good Hope Road when we first started doing the John Wilkes Booth Escape Route Tours in 1977. Is that possible? I also recall someone (I think in the Mudd family) telling me that when Dr. Tom passed away, there were instructions to not mark his grave because he was ashamed of the family name. The story went that the stigma his father felt was what spurred Dr. Richard Dyer Mudd to pursue clearing Dr. Sam.
06-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Thank you for this info some of which I may have known but forgotten. Nettie had to sue her former boss to get the "Booth sofa" back!
Thomas may have been living and working 3 blocks from the home of Frederick Douglass at the time of the abolitionist's death.
John Best! Where is he buried? It appears he died sometime after 1870 but prior to the next census. Spangler died in 1875 and was buried in St. Peter's Cementery, in originally an unmarked grave. Could Best be interred there?
The article written by Stella's former student is very telling!
The Doctor wrote a letter from prison saying he received a trunk containing "a quantity of very fine clothes." Wonder if he is wearing them in the newly discovered photo by Dave Taylor?
One small typo. Jeremiah Dyer - should the date read 1859?
Thanks again for all you efforts!
06-23-2019, 09:02 AM
(06-23-2019 08:44 AM)Rsmyth Wrote:  One small typo. Jeremiah Dyer - should the date read 1859?
Thanks again for all you efforts!

Richard, where do you see the possible date typo?
06-23-2019, 04:48 PM
Jeremiah Dyer, 3rd paragraph.
06-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Bob - Will you be at the big shindig next weekend at the Dr. Mudd House as they celebrate the 150th anniversary of his return from Ft. Jefferson?
06-23-2019, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2019 08:07 PM by bob_summers.)
(06-23-2019 04:48 PM)Rsmyth Wrote:  Jeremiah Dyer, 3rd paragraph.

Thanks, Rich. Fixed.

(06-23-2019 06:48 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Bob - Will you be at the big shindig next weekend at the Dr. Mudd House as they celebrate the 150th anniversary of his return from Ft. Jefferson?

Unfortunately, no. I'll be in Maine. Much cooler there.
06-24-2019, 05:36 AM
Thank you for posting.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user