Integrating my passion with my work.
04-28-2019, 06:31 PM
Integrating my passion with my work.
I’ve not shared this previously. As a therapist I give frequent presentations on mental health to colleagues, as well as, to other groups not involved in mental health. It’s been very fulfilling to incorporate things about Lincoln (and Mary Todd) into my power point programs. I gave a presentation today to a group of medical assistants-and mentioned Lincoln taking Blue Mass. They found that so fascinating! I had other opportunities to bring up Lincoln, as well. I just wanted to say it’s a beautiful thing to be able to combine passion with work.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2019, 07:11 PM
RE: Integrating my passion with my work.
(04-28-2019 06:31 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  I’ve not shared this previously. As a therapist I give frequent presentations on mental health to colleagues, as well as, to other groups not involved in mental health. It’s been very fulfilling to incorporate things about Lincoln (and Mary Todd) into my power point programs. I gave a presentation today to a group of medical assistants-and mentioned Lincoln taking Blue Mass. They found that so fascinating! I had other opportunities to bring up Lincoln, as well. I just wanted to say it’s a beautiful thing to be able to combine passion with work.

A loud AMEN to that! I often tell people that I managed to turn my avocation into my vocation. Teaching history was rewarding, but the last forty years of working at Surratt House and deeply involved in my favorite topic - the Lincoln assassination - has been wonderful.
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2019, 08:28 AM
I envy you Laurie! What a wonderful thing to be fully into it like you are. You may never retire!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2019, 09:42 AM
(04-29-2019 08:28 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  What a wonderful thing to be fully into it like you are. You may never retire!

I second Bill!
04-29-2019, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 01:55 PM by BettyO.)
Y’all are all lucky! I have a job that sucks and a Masters in History from a highly accredited university, that one supervisor here laughed at and told me to my face that it was a piece of s***t! I’m now retirement age and can’t find a decent job anywhere.... so I’m just going to sit back, continue to waste my life in this hog wallow, draw a salary and my Social Security and take my paycheck here for all it’s worth (not much really). when I have $40,000-$50,000 in the bank I’ll walk! We’ll see what they do then when they need graphics or someone who can speak English to email and talk to citizens....

Sorry if I sound bitter....but I am...

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
04-29-2019, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 03:10 PM by Gene C.)
I know what you mean.
Met a cute little Chihuahua at the park the other day, and couldn't understand a thing she said.

Fido

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?