New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
04-12-2019, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2019 03:46 PM by mikegriffith1.)
New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
I can't go into many details, but I will say this: In a few days a major TV network is going to broadcast a documentary that will present scientific evidence that Booth did not die in April 1865. The evidence involves a computer-assisted facial scanning analysis done by a recognized expert in the field.

The facial scanning analysis was conducted on photos of Booth and of another person. The photos of the other person were taken long after April 1865. The expert who conducted the analysis was very skeptical going into the study; in fact, the expert expected the scanning analysis to prove that the two persons were not the same individual.

The expert was so astounded by the results that they ran the analysis numerous times to ensure the software and the equipment were not malfunctioning. According to the expert and their team, the comparison scanning results show that it is virtually certain that the two sets of photos are of the same person. If these results are valid, they mean that Booth could not have died in April 1865.

This scientific evidence will also be published in an article in a major publication, but I'm not at liberty to say more about the article. I have not read the article but have been given a general summary of it.

Once the documentary is broadcast and the article is published, I will come back and post links to them.

Mike Griffith
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
(04-12-2019 03:45 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  I can't go into many details, but I will say this: In a few days a major TV network is going to broadcast a documentary that will present scientific evidence that Booth did not die in April 1865. The evidence involves a computer-assisted facial scanning analysis done by a recognized expert in the field.

The facial scanning analysis was conducted on photos of Booth and of another person. The photos of the other person were taken long after April 1865. The expert who conducted the analysis was very skeptical going into the study; in fact, the expert expected the scanning analysis to prove that the two persons were not the same individual.

The expert was so astounded by the results that they ran the analysis numerous times to ensure the software and the equipment were not malfunctioning. According to the expert and their team, the comparison scanning results show that it is virtually certain that the two sets of photos are of the same person. If these results are valid, they mean that Booth could not have died in April 1865.

This scientific evidence will also be published in an article in a major publication, but I'm not at liberty to say more about the article. I have not read the article but have been given a general summary of it.

Once the documentary is broadcast and the article is published, I will come back and post links to them.

If this is a major TV program, please give us the dates and times for showings so that we may watch it first-run. Sorry, learned a long time ago not to trust links after the fact.
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Oh I'm almost afraid to ask. But, please post when this documentary is to be broadcast my curiosity is going to be the death of me.

They have killed Papa dead
04-12-2019, 05:58 PM
(04-12-2019 03:45 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  I can't go into many details, but I will say this: In a few days a major TV network is going to broadcast a documentary that will present scientific evidence that Booth did not die in April 1865. The evidence involves a computer-assisted facial scanning analysis done by a recognized expert in the field.

Thanks for the warning!
04-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Is this the same outfit that "authenticated" the alleged Billy the Kid photo that has yet to attract a buyer?
04-12-2019, 07:00 PM
A show entitled Mummies Unwrapped will air an hour-long episode entitled Hunting the Mummy of Lincoln's Assassin next Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at 10 PM on the Discovery Channel. With Discovery Channel rerunning the program several times (mostly during the weekend) during the next week (check you local listings for your area's times).

Mike, is this the program you're referring too? It's the only new program airing this month that I could find which matches what you describe. I personally don't have cable and won't be able to watch it, but I'm putting the info out there for those readers of the forum that do and want to check it out for themselves.
04-12-2019, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2019 07:28 PM by L Verge.)
(04-12-2019 07:00 PM)Steve Wrote:  A show entitled Mummies Unwrapped will air an hour-long episode entitled Hunting the Mummy of Lincoln's Assassin next Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at 10 PM on the Discovery Channel. With Discovery Channel rerunning the program several times (mostly during the weekend) during the next week (check you local listings for your area's times).

Mike, is this the program you're referring too? It's the only new program airing this month that I could find which matches what you describe. I personally don't have cable and won't be able to watch it, but I'm putting the info out there for those readers of the forum that do and want to check it out for themselves.

Thank you for the info, Steve. As soon as I saw the word "mummy," it reminded me that Surratt House was contacted about a year ago about participating and we bowed out. I believe at the time that I told the man on the phone that a past-president of the Surratt Society had actually been invited to view the so-called Booth mummy several decades ago and took the owner up on the invitation. The owner flat out told her that he knew it wasn't Booth, but he collected mummies, shrunken heads, and other oddities. Our president certainly agreed that it was not Booth.

We learned later that the media found out who the owner was and started pestering him to death - even ringing his doorbell in the middle of the night. He finally said that he was deep-sixing it so well that no one would ever find it.
04-12-2019, 08:57 PM
(04-12-2019 06:15 PM)Susan Higginbotham Wrote:  Is this the same outfit that "authenticated" the alleged Billy the Kid photo that has yet to attract a buyer?

No. The facial scanning expert is a recognized authority in the field with years of experience with a major police department. This person agreed to do the analysis because they were confident it would show that the two people in the photos were not the same individual. When the results came back and showed the opposite, the person repeated the analysis several times to ensure the software and/or the equipment were not malfunctioning.

When we get closer to the broadcast time, I will provide the date and time of the broadcast.

Mike Griffith
04-12-2019, 11:46 PM
I would think it would be very difficult to keep such an important discovery quiet until the show airs.
I did a google search with no results.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
04-13-2019, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2019 07:29 AM by mikegriffith1.)
(04-12-2019 11:46 PM)Gene C Wrote:  I would think it would be very difficult to keep such an important discovery quiet until the show airs. I did a google search with no results.

Well, there you go, then. Therefore, I am surely just making all of this up. I guess you can relax now.

For those who have even a semblance of an open mind and at least want to see the evidence before they dismiss it, I will soon be posting the date and hour of the documentary. Also, there will be a detailed article on the facial scanning analysis published in a major journal/newspaper in the very near future, but I have been asked not to say anything more until it's published.

Finally, let me just say that I am not claiming that the evidence will conclusively prove that Booth lived after April 1865, because I have not seen the evidence yet. I was contacted by people who have been involved with the research because they had read some of my articles and wanted to let me know about the findings. They provided me with a general summary of the documentary and the article. Their summary sounded very impressive, but I am withholding judgment until I see the documentary and read the article.

Mike Griffith
04-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Using info in Steve's post and opening my mind (coffee helps) I did find this -

Discovery Channel - https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mummi...-in-april/

Mummies Unwrapped - https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/.../episode-2

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
04-13-2019, 10:09 AM
I noticed that it is produced by Fight or Flight Studios, the same company that contacted me for Surratt House participation.
04-13-2019, 11:38 AM
(04-13-2019 09:06 AM)Gene C Wrote:  Using info in Steve's post and opening my mind (coffee helps) I did find this -

Thanks Gene. After you found the series "Mummy's Unwrapped", while sipping my morning joe, I remembered this-
https://boothiebarn.com/picture-galleries/mummy/
04-13-2019, 12:37 PM
(04-13-2019 11:38 AM)Anita Wrote:  
(04-13-2019 09:06 AM)Gene C Wrote:  Using info in Steve's post and opening my mind (coffee helps) I did find this -

Thanks Gene. After you found the series "Mummy's Unwrapped", while sipping my morning joe, I remembered this-
https://boothiebarn.com/picture-galleries/mummy/

Thanks for remembering this, Anita, and I hope everyone will read through the comments to that post also -- especially the lengthy one on Fred Black and his assignment to prove or disprove the mummy for Henry Ford way back when...

Many years ago, the Surratt Courier carried a very thorough article on Fred Black and his findings. I can't remember the author, but think it might have been Blaine Houmes. Ironically, mention is also made in the comments on BoothieBarn to Harry Houdini. The May issue of the Courier carries an interesting article on Houdini's collection of Lincoln memorabilia by Al Hunter.
04-13-2019, 04:23 PM
(04-13-2019 10:09 AM)L Verge Wrote:  I noticed that it is produced by Fight or Flight Studios, the same company that contacted me for Surratt House participation.

OIC. And did the project include a recognized expert in facial scanning analysis who has years of experience with a major police department?

It is just amazing to watch you folks preparing your talking points against something that will challenge your echo-chamber myths, and to watch you talk yourselves into dismissing whatever evidence is about to be presented before you have even seen one second of the documentary or read one line of the article. Obviously, you are not going to consider this evidence with anything approaching an open mind, but you're going to strain and reach to find any excuse to dismiss it and/or ignore it.

Mike Griffith