Smithsonian's program on the Dahlgren-Kilpatrick Raid
03-19-2019, 12:59 PM
Smithsonian's program on the Dahlgren-Kilpatrick Raid
Many thanks to John Fazio for sending the following message:

"In August or September of 2017, I participated in a conference that was held in and around Richmond, Virginia, that related to the Dahlgren-Kilpatrick Raid on Richmond in late February and early March, 1864 (a major event in the Civil War that generated endless controversy). Also participating were Bruce Venter, a Civil War scholar and author of Kill Jeff Davis, two of Ulric Dahlgren’s descendants, one of whom is named Ulric and looks strikingly like his great-great-grandfather (who was killed in the Raid), and numerous other persons who have an interest in the Raid and its aftermath, especially its connection with the assassination and attempted assassinations that occurred in Washington on April 14, 1865. I knew that parts of the program were being filmed, but I had no idea what would come of it, if anything, and not having heard anything about it since then, I just forgot about the whole thing. Well, lo and behold they made a one-hour TV feature about it!! It is titled “America’s Hidden Stories: Targeting Jefferson Davis” and it has already appeared at least three times on the Smithsonian Channel and is scheduled to appear at least two more times as follows: Saturday, March 30, at 8:00 pm, and Sunday, March 31, at 12:00 am (by which I assume they mean 12:00 midnight). I have watched it and found it very, very interesting."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: Smithsonian's program on the Dahlgren-Kilpatrick Raid
Do you know if the Smithsonian channel puts old shows on the internet for those of us without cable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply