The Railsplitter Podcast
07-27-2017, 09:08 PM
The Railsplitter Podcast
Though I know Scott Schroeder is our resident expert on these things, I wanted to share a podcast I have recently subscribed to and have been enjoying. It's called The Railsplitter Podcast and it's all about Abraham Lincoln. For those of you who aren't familiar with them, podcasts are essentially digital radio programs that you can download and listen to whenever you want. I wanted to bring the Railsplitter to the forum's attention because I think it's something that the people on this forum would enjoy. The hosts are two school teachers in central Illinois who have a passion for Lincoln. In their different shows they do a great job of informing about Lincoln while also bringing in a lot of humor and are able to connect Lincoln to today. They only started this podcast last month but they're already getting guests on their show. The episode released today (each new show drops on Thursdays) features an interview with Dr. James Cornelius of the ALPLM. Kate and I spent some time with Dr. Cornelius in the vault of the ALPLM during our latest trip and I have to say I could listen to him talk Lincoln for hours. He showed us a file the ALPLM keeps of bogus Lincoln letters that they are sent for identification and he was whipping through them showing me how he knew each one was a fake. He's so incredibly knowledgeable. So this week's episode of the Railsplitter Podcast alone is worth your time. The hosts have also had a fascinating interview with the author of the fiction story The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy which definitely piqued my interest to read the book. They have also discussed the complex nature of the 1860 nomination and 1860 election in ways that were relatable and humorous. They are just starting off but I think they have a bright future.

Anyway for those of you who use an iPhone you can subscribe and download their podcasts by going to the Podcasts app on your phone. For those of you without fancy phones you can easily stream their podcasts by visiting their website here: https://therailsplitter.podbean.com/

I hope you'll take the time to check them out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2017, 05:02 AM
RE: The Railsplitter Podcast
Dave, thanks for posting this. Also, I agree 100% with what you said about Dr. James Cornelius. He is incredibly helpful with all things Lincoln. Over the years I have sent him many photos, etc., and he is terrific at discerning if something is authentic or not. Busy as he is, he always finds the time to help people. He is an amazing man.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply