Here We Go Again...
09-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Here We Go Again...
Anyone who knows me knows that I am allergic to all the theories on Booth escaping from Garrett's barn and living on in a variety of locations from India to Mexico to Oklahoma, etc. Here's another rendition that will get my blood pressure up. Dr. Terry Alford sent it to me this morning to make sure that I was awake!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150899434419
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 12:10 PM by BettyO.)
RE: Here We Go Again...
Hmmmm -- typhoid, eh? Did <ahem> "Mr. Booth" move his necessary too close to his well?

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
09-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I have not heard of this one. It would be interesting to see how many posthumous identities that Booth had. Maybe I will try to compile a list.

Craig
09-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Craig,

Such a list would be very helpful at Surratt House as a tool for dispelling the escape myth. Many of our visitors have been exposed to the Bates theory because of recent works by Neff, Guttridge, History Decoded, etc.
09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone! *waves*

So Booth ran off to Tennessee now, huh? He really got around! I still think my favorite is the one that someone (I think it was you, Laurie) was told about Booth hiding out in Oklahoma and marrying a Native American woman. Tongue

Regarding the Bates nonsense, I finally found that picture I saw years ago of John St. Helens/David E. George. And, as you might suspect, he looks nothing like John Wilkes Booth. I should post it along with the picture of John Byron Wilkes (who also looks nothing like John Wilkes Booth) in the Assassination forum.

A list of all the "Booth escaped" theories and stories would be very helpful! Nice idea!