Just in Time for Halloween.....?!?
10-13-2016, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2016 07:09 AM by BettyO.)
Just in Time for Halloween.....?!?
As a Baby Boomer - I remember such old time creepy greats as the original Twilight Zone and The Alfred Hitchcock Show. Both came on somewhat late at night just before my bedtime. My dad was a fan. Of course, I was quite young (6-7 years old) but I never heard of this one.....One Step Beyond. Billed as an American Anthology Series, it ran from January 1959 to July 1961 and claimed to be "Your guide to the Supernatural." It included many names which would go on to fame such as Elizabeth Montgomery, Jack Lord, William Shatner, etc. amongst a few.

There was an episode on the assassination - "The Day the World Wept" (air date February 9, 1960) - in which several people have premontions that Lincoln will be assassinated, including Lincoln himself.

It's really quite good in a "Twilight Zone" sort of way.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrNbfl-Gt4

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2016, 09:04 AM
RE: Just in Time for Halloween.....?!?
Very interesting, Betty!

I do not know the truthfulness of any of this, but according to Theodore Roscoe in The Web of Conspiracy:

"In St. Joseph, Minnesota, a town without a telegraph office, someone spread the word on April 14, 1865, that Lincoln had been slain. Manchester, New Hampshire, also received the news on that Good Friday before the press releases were dispatched from Washington. Also, on the afternoon of April 14, the Whig Press in Middleton, New York, announced that Lincoln had been killed by an assassin."
10-13-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Just in Time for Halloween.....?!?
Interesting

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.