Lincoln, Sherman, Davis and the Lost Confederate Gold
02-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Lincoln, Sherman, Davis and the Lost Confederate Gold
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/en.../80517336/

Among other things the author feels, "There’s some reason to believe that the body of Booth that was autopsied after the assassination of Lincoln may not have actually been Booth.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Lincoln, Sherman, Davis and the Lost Confederate Gold
I have always wondered about Booth's autopsy!
02-18-2016, 02:43 PM
(02-18-2016 10:15 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/en.../80517336/

Among other things the author feels, "There’s some reason to believe that the body of Booth that was autopsied after the assassination of Lincoln may not have actually been Booth.”

Excuse me while I go have another stroke...!
02-18-2016, 04:01 PM
(02-18-2016 02:43 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(02-18-2016 10:15 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/en.../80517336/

Excuse me while I go have another stroke...!

Please don't, Laurie!
This is harmless to what is said on imdb!
At first glance, I thought the topic interesting...

In case of emergency, Lincoln and children first.
02-20-2016, 03:22 PM
I have always been fascinated with the possibility that there might be a stash of gold buried somewhere along the escape route of Jefferson Davis and his cabinet. However, I find it hard to believe that it still exists. Somebody would have most certainly known about it, and made an attempt to go back and retrieve it. Interesting to contemplate though!
02-20-2016, 04:17 PM
A longtime member of the Surratt Society and former director of NOAA has been investigating the lost Confederate gold story for years. After his retirement, he moved to his wife's hometown of Washington, Georgia (will be familiar to those of you interested in the subject), and has continued to research and speak on the subject.
02-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Washington GA was the home of Robert Toombs whose impressive library is maintained by the State. Not too long ago a researcher found a $10 note in the leaves of one of his books.