William Truman Peck 1929-2015
01-12-2016, 12:20 AM
William Truman Peck 1929-2015
I have just learned that Mr. William Truman Peck, a longtime Lincoln presenter, had passed away on November 3, 2015 at the age of 85.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 06:19 AM
RE: William Truman Peck 1929-2015
Tom, I was very sad to read this. There is a video of Mr. Peck delivering the Gettysburg Address here and an obituary here.
01-12-2016, 01:33 PM
My condolences to his family. Even though I only saw him in the History Channel special "The Hunt For John Wilkes Booth", I think he did a great job bringing the man in the stovepipe hat to life! He will be missed.

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
01-12-2016, 07:59 PM
One of the best Lincoln presenters for sure.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-29-2016, 12:16 AM
I was saddened to learn of Bill's passing. He had been ill for some time, so it was quite expected.
I remain very good friends with his former wife, Nancy. I first meet Bill and Nancy in Springfield, IL at a convention of Lincoln Presenters. Over the next few years, I saw both of them at several conventions, and one summer we meet in Lincoln City, Indiana to spend a few days visiting the Lincoln sites there and watching the play.
Nancy and Bill were married for 55 years and had seven children together. She is mentioned, but not named in his obituary.

I just want people to know that Nancy Peck is a wonderful woman filled with love and kindness. She continues to study the life of Mary Lincoln and pay tribute to the Lincoln family.