An introduction from a new member...
07-08-2015, 02:34 PM
An introduction from a new member...
Hello Lincoln Discussion members! My name is Jennifer, I go by RaiJEN on internet forums. I'm a graphic artist, illustrator, and student of Mr. Lincoln residing in Utah.
I'm really excited to participate in discussions and research. You can expect both silly and serious drawings of L.

Thank you and I look forward to getting to know my fellow Lincoln admirers.
~Jennifer

"Your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing." ~A.L.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: An introduction from a new member...
Welcome, you'll like it here.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Hello, RaiJEN! And welcome aboard!

I, too am a graphic artist and illustrator. I also like to cartoon as well as create illustrations of Booth and the Conspirators. We have several artists here - and very good ones, too!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
07-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Welcome, Jennifer! Have you professionally worked (illustrated) on Lincoln, too?
07-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Welcome, Jennifer!
07-08-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 04:23 PM by RaiJEN.)
(07-08-2015 03:01 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Welcome, Jennifer! Have you professionally worked (illustrated) on Lincoln, too?

I have! I have done work for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum and also the Lincoln Cottage.

(07-08-2015 02:43 PM)BettyO Wrote:  Hello, RaiJEN! And welcome aboard!

I, too am a graphic artist and illustrator. I also like to cartoon as well as create illustrations of Booth and the Conspirators. We have several artists here - and very good ones, too!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that there are other artists in the forum!

"Your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing." ~A.L.
07-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Welcome, Jennifer. I see that no one has told you that new forum members are supposed to bring cookies for the existing members to enjoy.

I'm preparing a list of the types of cookies I like the best and should have that completed by Friday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been in the graphics/publications biz in one way or another since the late 1960s and am still learning stuff every day, mainly that it is a crazy way to make a buck.

Again, welcome--

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Welcome Jennifer! Please tell us about your avatar!

Bill Nash
07-08-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 07:37 PM by RaiJEN.)
(07-08-2015 06:54 PM)Jim Page Wrote:  Welcome, Jennifer. I see that no one has told you that new forum members are supposed to bring cookies for the existing members to enjoy.

I'm preparing a list of the types of cookies I like the best and should have that completed by Friday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been in the graphics/publications biz in one way or another since the late 1960s and am still learning stuff every day, mainly that it is a crazy way to make a buck.

Again, welcome--

--Jim

LOL! I will even make them stovepipe hat shaped! Big Grin I have until Friday right?

(07-08-2015 07:19 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Welcome Jennifer! Please tell us about your avatar!

LincolnMan,
Along with art and Lincoln, I have a fondness for video games. My avatar is from a game called Blood Born where you can customize your characters. So I customized my character to look like L. I couldn't resist being since it's a "monster hunter" type game.
It's rather silly I know but when a message pops up in a player vs. player match that says, "You've been defeated by Mr. Lincoln" it's totally priceless. Big Grin
Any chance I get, Lincoln adorns whatever I'm working on or playing. You can't turn a corner around me without finding L.

07-09-2015, 08:08 AM
Welcome to this forum,it's a wealth of knowledge! As a retired educator from Rochester,NY,I have had a few creative students enter your profession of which I admire!The research of the Lincoln Assassination is FUN and the people on this forum are very helpful.