Richard Smyth in the News
06-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Richard Smyth in the News
Congrats to Rich Smyth for this nice article about his newest book with Jim Garrett: http://www.poconorecord.com/article/2015.../150609790
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 04:44 AM
RE: Richard Smyth in the News
Kudos, Rich! And kudos to both Rich and Jim on their second book. Also to Jim Page as I know he helped with the book also. The Gourlay story is certainly an interesting one.
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Congratulations, Rich! This is a wonderful article - great publicity for a wonderful book!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
06-05-2015, 06:21 AM
(06-05-2015 04:44 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Kudos, Rich! And kudos to both Rich and Jim on their second book. Also to Jim Page as I know he helped with the book also. The Gourlay story is certainly an interesting one.

Thanks, Roger. Working on the book was a wonderful experience and that's because Rich and Jim are brilliant fellows. As we say in the South, they know their onions!

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
06-05-2015, 07:21 AM
I sure agree with you, Jim.

In my heart I want to believe the "Gourlay stories," especially regarding the flag. But the 1914 claim that Thomas Gourlay was one of the men carrying President Lincoln to the Petersen House...well, that's when I begin wondering...
06-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Kudos to the two of you, Rich and Jim, way to go!
06-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words! If anyone is ever looking for an editor, I recommend Jim Page as he is a perfectionist. And the other Jim...Garrett is a hound dog, tracking down every lead!
06-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Rich. The only reason I'm a perfectionist is that after over 40 years in the publishing biz, I've made every mistake in the book a dozen times and it's hard to find new ones!!!

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
06-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Outstanding accomplishmet-Rich!
06-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Kudos Rich!

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
06-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Are you serious Tom?
06-09-2015, 05:29 PM
(06-09-2015 02:52 PM)HerbS Wrote:  Are you serious Tom?

Yes

06-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Oh boy! Good luck and be ready for a "wild-ride".I have a former student who wants to run for President now! I also feel that the both of you have the same ambitions.
06-09-2015, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 06:50 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
Thomas, please allow me to remark you really don't look like 34...
(Article II of your Constitution reads:
"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.")
06-09-2015, 08:49 PM
(06-09-2015 06:50 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Thomas, please allow me to remark you really don't look like 34...
(Article II of your Constitution reads:
"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.")

I thought Herb was talking about complimenting Rich. Every four years I joke about running for President. So the "Vote For Me" stuff is a joke. Sorry for my misunderstanding, Herb. Confused