Town of Port Royal listed on "Virginia's Historic Places Endangered List"
05-22-2015, 06:36 AM
Town of Port Royal listed on "Virginia's Historic Places Endangered List"
The town of Port Royal was listed three days ago on Virginia's "Historic Places Endangered List" - hopefully, something will be done to restore this wonderful town!

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/local...cdb04.html

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 06:46 AM
RE: Town of Port Royal listed on "Virginia's Historic Places Endangered List"
I'm on the board for Historic Port Royal (Port Royal's historical society that runs the Port Royal Museum of American History, Portrait Gallery, and the new Medical Museum in town). We were very happy with the news that Port Royal was placed on Preservation Virginia's list of endangered places. It is only a PR thing and sadly doesn't come with any money, though. Still, we got some great press regarding what makes Port Royal so special.

Also, keep your fingers crossed because in the coming weeks I hope to have some important and exciting news regarding Historic Port Royal and a certain house in town.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2015, 09:59 AM
(05-22-2015 06:46 AM)Dave Taylor Wrote:  I'm on the board for Historic Port Royal (Port Royal's historical society that runs the Port Royal Museum of American History, Portrait Gallery, and the new Medical Museum in town). We were very happy with the news that Port Royal was placed on Preservation Virginia's list of endangered places. It is only a PR thing and sadly doesn't come with any money, though. Still, we got some great press regarding what makes Port Royal so special.

Also, keep your fingers crossed because in the coming weeks I hope to have some important and exciting news regarding Historic Port Royal and a certain house in town.

I pray the news is about the Peyton-Brockenbrough House!
05-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Congratulations Dave! A great opportunity with a great responsibility. Good luck.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?